Arjun

First Name
kamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Debating between new Taycan vs 4S. My first Porsche and EV. Commute 30 miles to work one way. Test drove 4S like the ride and dynamic build of porsche vs TESLA S. If I am getting Taycan will definitely go for performance plus. Thanks
Sponsored

Jeke74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Carrera white 2021
Country flag
I was exactly samE situation than you,but I want my car with standard battery because of the car weight is so much lighter.It`s same to me of the range is 420km or 480km.So today I get a opportunity to order RWD model
for early March production and deside to order?.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PM3RUE95

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I was exactly samE situation than you,but I want my car with standard battery because of the car weight is so much lighter.It`s same to me of the range is 420km or 480km.So today I get a opportunity to order RWD model
for early March production and deside to order?.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PM3RUE95
Don’t forget though that bigger battery increases hp

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
I just configured a base Taycan exactly as my Taycan 4S is configured. Final price was $21,000 less. You have to decide if the roughly 1 second faster 0-60 time is worth an additional $21g to you. Personally, having driven my 4S now for 2 months and absolutely loving it, I am sure I'd feel the same way if I had a similarly specced base model. I do sometimes, albeit rarely, wonder if I should have gone turbo though.

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
I just configured a base Taycan exactly as my Taycan 4S is configured. Final price was $21,000 less. You have to decide if the roughly 1 second faster 0-60 time is worth an additional $21g to you.
IMHO ist the AWD vs RWD more "important" than 1.x second difference from 0-60.

OP
OP

Arjun

First Name
kamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Appreciate all your replies. Decided to go with Base Taycan with Performance plus battery which could add few more mile range. here is my build code. Appreciate any recommendations.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMUWQXU4

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Had similar ideas last year but wanted to be prepared for the 4WD winter conditions, thus had ordered and received the 4S. Lucky me as we haven't had that much snow for more than 5 years at least... Under less harsh climate conditions, RWD is a great option for sure.
Sponsored