Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
I noticed a small difference in speed, GTS feels a bit faster. It feels like the steering feels more direct too in the GTS.

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Eh butt dynos are at best....subjective. You knew you were driving a GTS, Porsche says it sits above the 4S, so you're going to convince yourself you're able to feel that it was faster. Hypothetically speaking, if you didn't know what you were driving and drove both cars back to back, would you bet your house that'd you'd able to identify which is which? If you're convinced you can, then Porsche marketing dept got ya. Nothing wrong with that.
Nope I definitely didn’t need to convince myself it was faster. It was 100% noticeable especially in comfort mode. I mean the gts does have an extra 200nm so that’s gonna be noticeable. If the gts felt no different I’d have been more than happy with a 4s but the gts just had that little bit more

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
Porsche website shows 68hp difference. I saw actual GTS 0-60 times tested at 3.2.
I’ve driven both, there’s a noticeable (not huge) difference.
Where did you see time of 3.2 secs? I have a GTS on order and all reviews and videos on YouTube tested and said 3.7. Which I found surprising as Porsche normally comfortably beat the stated times.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
If I'm reading it correctly, the (recently added?) stats quoted for each Taycan variant on the Porsche website show the GTS has around 11% more peak torque at the wheels than the 4S- which isn't consistent with their quoted peak motor torque differences. The figures for 4S, Turbo and Turbo S are fairly consistent, so maybe there's something unique about the GTS gearing, or one of the quoted GTS numbers is incorrect?

Last edited:

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Where did you see time of 3.2 secs? I have a GTS on order and all reviews and videos on YouTube tested and said 3.7. Which I found surprising as Porsche normally comfortably beat the stated times.
I’ve seen a 3.3 somewhere on YouTube.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
A GTS and TURBO with 21" wheels, and the same performance options, will have remarkably similar handling and performance. However, with standard tires, differences are affected by the very wide GTS tires (compared to the 4S and even the Turbo).

Taycan TiresSTANDARD21" WHEELS
(all identical)
4S225/55 R19265/35 ZR21
275/45 R19305/30 ZR21
GTS*255/40 R20*265/35 ZR21
295/35 R20*305/30 ZR21
TURBO245/45 R20265/35 ZR21
285/40 R20305/30 ZR21
TURBO S>>>265/35 ZR21
>>>305/30 ZR21

* GTS Standard Tires are wider than standard TURBO tires
(Halfway between Turbo & Turbo S).

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Having had both, I would vote for the gts, especially if you are keen on sharper dynamics, it’s a noticeable upgrade all around, Porsche are always really good at making the gts feel that bit sharper. The gear change point is different in the gts too, so lots of little changes which add up. The 4s is also a fantastic car too and all you ever need.

it’s great to have a choice I guess

ZYRUS