Taycan Sales Declining

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just paid $89k for a pristine 2021 CPO 4s with an msrp of $146k with only 14k miles on it. So glad I waited.
Depending on production date, your car is about 2.5 years old, give or take. Typical luxury sedan depreciation is about 50% over the first three years, so your car is right on schedule.

Englishtony2002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I stand corrected. The last time I checked with my service advisor they didn’t have any. They now appear to have 12 new Taycans on the lot (9 base model Taycans, 2 GTS, and one CT 4s)

The difference between the website you referenced and the dealer website seems to be that the other cars have not arrived yet (they show 0 miles). They also list three used Taycans.

I agree this is good news. Maybe there is a chance I can get a Taycan loaner when my car needs service. ;)
Base Tayan's are very unpopular in the UK

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
Yep same for mine. Paid $140k for a very low mileage CPO Taycan 4S and was proposed recently between $70K to $99K and no more ... after 8mo of ownership.

That is indeed like the Titanic ...
Same! I scored a 2022 Turbo, Ice Grey Metallic, heavily optioned (MSRP was $188k) with only 2,000 miles on it for $139,500. I think it was an absolute STEAL. Love the car so far! I’ve been a hawk on this forum for over a year and was waiting for the right time to put an order in. Then used prices were rapidly declining. I feel like I basically got a new car for about $30k less.

SmallTH

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford
Country flag
While Porsche initially blamed supply chain issues for the Taycan's lower sales, it's possible that these issues are still impacting production and delivery timelines, creating an ongoing challenge for the company. The global semiconductor shortage, for instance, has affected not only Porsche but also many other automakers' production schedules, leading to delays and uncertainties in the industry.

The semiconductor shortage, which emerged as a result of various factors including increased demand for electronics and disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, has had a cascading effect on the automotive sector. Modern vehicles rely heavily on semiconductor chips for a wide range of functions, from advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) to infotainment systems. As a result, any disruption in the semiconductor supply chain can significantly hamper production capabilities, underscoring the critical importance of robust B2B data enrichment and supply chain intelligence.

In this challenging landscape, automakers like Porsche must rely on comprehensive data insights and analytics to navigate these turbulent waters. B2B data enrichment solutions can provide valuable information about suppliers, including their geographic locations, production capacities, and potential vulnerabilities, helping companies like Porsche make informed decisions to mitigate supply chain disruptions.

Last edited:

4NIQUES

First Name
Tennika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2022 BMW M4 Competitio Convertible
Country flag
Second qtr sales figures for Porsche have been released and Taycan sales continue to decline. Compared to the same period last year, Taycan sales have declined by 35%. That's quite significant. I am starting to wonder if Porsche blaming supply chain issue is still the crux of the decline or there is something else going on? EV's in general are piling up on dealer lots with average days on lots much higher than ICE vehicles. I noticed depreciation on Taycan's being substantial too. Not intend to get into war of words here with anyone as I am a Taycan fan though have not taken the plunge yet but just concerned about Taycan's future. Is the low mileage but higher price the reason? What do you all think?
I recently picked up my Taycan and I was told things from the sales manager.
1. Tesla dominates the market PERIOD. Software, technology, longevity (been around 10 years etc)
2. People who buy a Porsche are upper level class. Those people are generally older and want an ICE - Panemera, 911, boxster, Cayman
3. Porsche needs to work on their quirky software
4. Many car manufacturers now have EVs in their line up so there’s more to choose from like Polestar, Vinfast especially if you want a Taycan you’re also probably looking at the Audi E-Tron as well…
5. It’s very hard to sell amongst 911s

….but mainly that Porsche is not up to Teslas standard. He even went on to say -Elon needs to sell the technology to other car manufacturers- best there is out there.

Last edited:

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
I recently picked up my Taycan and I was told things from the sales manager.
1. Tesla dominates the market PERIOD. Software, technology, longevity (been around 10 years etc)
2. People who buy a Porsche are upper level class. Those people are generally older and want an ICE - Panemera, 911, boxster, Cayman
3. Porsche needs to work on their quirky software
4. Many car manufacturers now have EVs in their line up so there’s more to choose from like Polestar, Vinfast especially if you want a Taycan you’re also probably looking at the Audi E-Tron as well…
5. It’s very hard to sell amongst 911s

….but mainly that Porsche is not up to Teslas standard. He even went on to say -Elon needs to sell the technology to other car manufacturers- best there is out there.
That's supposed to be the sales manager at a Porsche dealership?

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
[...] Many car manufacturers now have EVs in their line up so there’s more to choose from like Polestar, Vinfast especially if you want a Taycan you’re also probably looking at the Audi E-Tron as well…
[...]
That's supposed to be the sales manager at a Porsche dealership?
And a super helpful sales manager at that -- I'm trading in my 4CT for a Vinfast asap!
Perhaps Vinfast is even licensing the "best there is out there" Tesla tech from Elon, like a stalkless steering wheel, always-on regen, no HUD option, etc.

4NIQUES

First Name
Tennika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2022 BMW M4 Competitio Convertible
Country flag
And a super helpful sales manager at that -- I'm trading in my 4CT for a Vinfast asap!
Perhaps Vinfast is even licensing the "best there is out there" Tesla tech from Elon, like a stalkless steering wheel, always-on regen, no HUD option, etc.
Well I asked why has 4 Taycans been sitting for almost 8 months?? Some with two owners?
He said the Taycan lately this year has been a hard sell… beats me. I love this car!!

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The thing is, I don’t see how any “point in time” analysis of the EV auto market is really relevant. The real question is what the next 20 to 30 years look like.

I believe Porsche will be around for 30 years, producing great cars, and some of the best EVs. They’re just going through the growing pains of all new technology adopters, and for their first EV I think the Taycan is exceptional based on test drives I’ve taken in other cars.

I’m not so sure about some of the other new vendors. I suspect there will be a lot of bankruptcy, and consolidation over the next 10 to 15 years.
Sponsored