achaudh

First Name
Alok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, BMW 5 Series
Country flag
Second qtr sales figures for Porsche have been released and Taycan sales continue to decline. Compared to the same period last year, Taycan sales have declined by 35%. That's quite significant. I am starting to wonder if Porsche blaming supply chain issue is still the crux of the decline or there is something else going on? EV's in general are piling up on dealer lots with average days on lots much higher than ICE vehicles. I noticed depreciation on Taycan's being substantial too. Not intend to get into war of words here with anyone as I am a Taycan fan though have not taken the plunge yet but just concerned about Taycan's future. Is the low mileage but higher price the reason? What do you all think?
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I am ok with Taycan sales normalizing a bit. Better for buyer/seller dynamics in the long run. Besides, there were a lot of people sitting on cash with nothing to do during the pandemic. Things have changed and that is fine with me. Porsche makes a great product…the future is bright.

Last edited:

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
It is interesting to watch what is happening, but declining sales, less-than-amazing residuals, not new to market models all makes me think the recent substantial price increases may have also been a bit poorly timed.

Having a market where things are a bit calmer isn't a bad thing for customers I guess.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Same here, just got mine after 13 months wait and not looking back or reading anything current.
I have not had a chance to drive it yet, except some around local streets for setup and listening to sounds purposes, but it is supreme in every way. I am either out of town for work or vacation and the rest of the time the PPF shop is redoing the work they should have done right the first time.

dstepin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' Taycan RWD
Country flag
It was bound to happen eventually. It doesn't mean much as they made quite a few of them world wide anyways. I doubt this has anything to do with supply chain issues and more with demand, lots of other choices. The used car market prices have stabilized and are not the same/close to newer car prices anymore because of the shortages so it makes sense. People will go for CPO'd cars or trade off. Also, honestly, people can't infinitely buy Taycans, it will decrease and settle until a refresh. I think as a car and model it's here to stay and won't be going away. If you're looking at it as a investment it was never a good one to begin one, the pandemic/supply chain shortages were a big anomaly.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I do enjoy reading these types of reports, but aren't these numbers always based on "deliveries?" My Taycan was delivered at the end of 1st quarter, late March, and judging by the online cohort of those waiting, I was in the vast minority. And then straight into the 2nd quarter the holdups in Emden and then stateside for the short-term campaign stop sale. My feeling is this up and down trend will normalize in the second half of the year.

I don't want any vehicle to be a 'massive failure' for Porsche, least of all an EV. But other than that, I am perfectly fine continuing to drive the only Frozen Berry Taycan for miles and miles and making new friends every time I park it. The high just never seems to wear off. Sorry for whoever is missing out!

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
I have been waiting 10 months to get a Turbo allocation. At least in pockets there seems to be demand that Porsche cannot fill for whatever reason.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
What I sure do love about media these days is that you can easily flip this data to show that it's 4 consecutive quarters of increased sales, but they decided to take the negative angle on it. I really wish journalists these days really tried to challenge their own preconceived notions about a topic before publishing it.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Porsche is the best positioned OEM.
They have one of the highest margins and can offset R&D through the VAG family.

They make their money on their ICE sales, BEVs are for regulations, Taycan included.

Definitely they are holding back Taycan production on purpose, but it's better for them.

The pure EV players are the ones in real trouble

Winterfell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT 4S
Country flag
The revenue are based on sales/delivers to customer not the number of Taycan manufactured. Considering the shipping constraints on Q1-Q2 2023, and Taycan pilling up in Emden, makes revenue lower. There have been stop/sales in place too.

Now that more vessel space is getting available this will help to boost Taycan revenue.

Considering that Porsche still has an order backlog to fulfill and that current orders have a wait time of 9-15 months in Europe, does not indicate demand is high or supply chain remains constrained.

Many could be waiting for the facelift as well, which would be due soon as the current model exists since 2019, similar when the Audi E-Tron was released. In the meantime Audi E-Tron had their refresh, so Porsche Taycan cannot be far away.

Will be interesting the see the Q3 and Q4 2023 Taycan sales. 😊

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
I do enjoy reading these types of reports, but aren't these numbers always based on "deliveries?" My Taycan was delivered at the end of 1st quarter, late March, and judging by the online cohort of those waiting, I was in the vast minority. And then straight into the 2nd quarter the holdups in Emden and then stateside for the short-term campaign stop sale. My feeling is this up and down trend will normalize in the second half of the year.

I don't want any vehicle to be a 'massive failure' for Porsche, least of all an EV. But other than that, I am perfectly fine continuing to drive the only Frozen Berry Taycan for miles and miles and making new friends every time I park it. The high just never seems to wear off. Sorry for whoever is missing out!
oh dearest Annie couldn't agree more my my pink friend xxxxxx I must do my write up soon xx so chuffed it continues to light you up ! well deserved xx
Sponsored