MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I will be getting a shiny new Taycan CT4 in the next couple of months, hopefully by the end of this year. I am interested to know what security measures I should take to protect it. I am thinking of a camera on the house, motion sensor lights. I may also pay the subscription for the tracker. What do you use? Your advice would be welcomed. Thanks
Sponsored

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Just park it up and put key in a faraday/shielded box.

If anyone skilful enough to get your Taycan with is factory security and your keys in a shielded box…….then let them have it, not worth confronting as they will be firmly focused on taking it no matter what confronts them.

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Just park it up and put key in a faraday/shielded box.

If anyone skilful enough to get your Taycan with is factory security and your keys in a shielded box…….then let them have it, not worth confronting as they will be firmly focused on taking it no matter what confronts them.
Thanks Hanny. I agree with your sentiment. I am really thinking of the opportunist, but you are right, if they are coming specifically for it, safety would be my number one priority.

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
If you had a Range Rover, just leave a post it in the car asking them to be considerate to you and the neighbours by being quite when they drive it away 😎
Great point...I was considering the new RR Sport but went for the Taycan instead. Loved the RR, but I think that the Taycan looks better and is a bit rarer on the road, and I was quoted 18 months to 2 years delivery by the dealer at the time...!

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
I may also pay the subscription for the tracker.
I figure that the Taycan would be a fairly high-hanging fruit for would-be thieves. There is not a very wide market for parts should they want to chop it up. You can't know how much charge is in it, and you can't carry a jerry-can of petrol with you to top it off. Public chargers will leave a record. The onboard LTE connection will be traceable through cell towers even if you don't have the tracker subscription (and our thief wouldn't know whether it's being tracked).

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I think that lights and cameras on the house are a worthwhile investment even without an exposed car. PVTS gives me enough peace of mind re theft wherever the car is, though I reckon the biggest threat is vandalism. For various reasons, I don't think a Taycan is an attractive proposition for a car thief.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I would worry more about a stolen charger cable overnight than the car itself.

You could hide an AirTag just incase. Maybe a note on the window that the battery is dead.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I bought a steering lock that's still in the box!

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Thanks all for your feedback. I hadn't considered the lack of knowledge a would be thief would have on electric cars, the signature it would leave when being charged, and the lack of a market for parts. Your feedback has given me some comfort, so thank you. I will definitely get the camera and lighting sorted. Looking forward to "joining the club". First Porsche and first fully electric car. :like:

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I bought a steering lock that's still in the box!
I did think about one of these, but I read a post about thieves just cutting the steering wheel and using the bar to break the steering lock, so quickly decided against it.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Outdoor camera with motion activated lights is a useful security feature.
Indoor camera is more a way to keep an eye on your baby... :involve:

Porsche Taycan Taycan security - Advice please Capture d’écran 2023-10-11 à 20.43.12

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Great point...I was considering the new RR Sport but went for the Taycan instead. Loved the RR, but I think that the Taycan looks better and is a bit rarer on the road, and I was quoted 18 months to 2 years delivery by the dealer at the time...!
Alarming high thefts of RR, heard, so open to debate/opinion, that RR can very expensive or non uninsurable in some places due to very high RR thefts

Last edited:

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Great for recording theft but in some cases not valid as evidence in court!

Statistics have shown that a simple motion detection light is more of a deterrent than a camera, they just wear a hoodie and face mask and they are away🤬

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I will be getting a shiny new Taycan CT4 in the next couple of months, hopefully by the end of this year. I am interested to know what security measures I should take to protect it. I am thinking of a camera on the house, motion sensor lights. I may also pay the subscription for the tracker. What do you use? Your advice would be welcomed. Thanks
What car are you coming from Mark?
Fortunately security isn't currently a major issue with Taycans. 🤞

Cctv / security lights always worth having though.
I have the ring cameras send alerts to my phone if it detects a person approaching at night.
A few false alarms, but generally it works very well.
Sponsored

Last edited: