Taycan Stop Sale

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I just got a call from my SA/Dealer. Software is in and available. I'm scheduled to bring my car back in tomorrow for a quick 1.5 hour push. I'm having other things done at the same time, so I'm grabbing a loaner and picking it up at the end of the day, but bottom line: Software fix is available and your dealers should be calling you soon if they haven't already.
Thanks for the update, I hope all dealers have received the fix at the same time. Nobody from my dealer has called me about this yet.
Sponsored

JArone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 17 McLaren 570s, 20 MB 450 GLS
Country flag
Just got the call…pick up Friday

TeslaHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I was just called from the dealer, my Taycan is on service getting the software fix. Finger crossed!!!!

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Everybody getting calls…2021 or 2022?

JArone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S, 17 McLaren 570s, 20 MB 450 GLS
Country flag

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I just got off the phone with Porsche Canada Customer Service who informed me that my car's stop sale is related to the AMC1, which is what's holding all of you up as well. It is, as you have ascertained, related to the airbag and hazard warning light. They are, apparently, the same issue, and require software recoding to bring them into compliance. It seems, according to you all, this software has just become available, so my next step will be to call my SA and see what the deal is.

This is my contribution, and thanks for your contributions.

dewber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Subaru Crosstrek, ‘21 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I was just called from the dealer, my Taycan is on service getting the software fix. Finger crossed!!!!
Let us know how long it takes! Mine is at the dealer in Chicago (paid for) but they won't release it and are hoping it's ready tomorrow or Friday.

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I spoke to the car sales manager yesterday, he told me that it was ready to go. I’ll find out more once I get there. Hopefully I won’t arrive to find out that they had more stuff still to do. Will post one way or the other tonight.
Turns out that the car sales manager wasn’t aware of the stop sale. It‘s now arrived at the dealership, and is waiting for the software update.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Stop Sale IMG_0040.JPG

Porsche Taycan Taycan Stop Sale IMG_0041.JPG

Porsche Taycan Taycan Stop Sale IMG_0043.JPG

SFOCV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
From my dealer:

Airbag/Hazard light software update is done and the car can be released tomorrow.

BUT the update does not clear the error message / warning - so i will have to close the warning every time I start the car until there is another software update visit...

Anyone else got the same message?

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Turns out that the car sales manager wasn’t aware of the stop sale. It‘s now arrived at the dealership, and is waiting for the software update.

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG
2021 or 2022?

jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
2021 or 2022?
22. Just picked it up at 7PM tonight, and have been personalizing it. Looking forward to driving it over the weekend (in daylight) when I can see what she can do!

HRHTHEO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered- 2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
22. Just picked it up at 7PM tonight, and have been personalizing it. Looking forward to driving it over the weekend (in daylight) when I can see what she can do!
I’m in production. You’re one of the first 2022s I’ve seen on here with keys in hand.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
22 RWD? my dealer said no taycan can be released nationwide

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
22 RWD? my dealer said no taycan can be released nationwide
Once the fix is done as long as you're not in a CARB state PCNA is able to release the vehicle.

This applies to vehicles at port as well. My car is in Baltimore and Maryland adopted CARB standards in 2007 (I think). Legally PCNA cannot release the car from that state for transport until it is CARB compliant. For ZEVs this is a ridiculous piece of red tape that has an amendment introduced every year for but never goes anywhere.

Edit: EPA has provided certification for 2022 Taycan, Taycan PB+, and 4S. Fuel Economy should be updated soon.
Sponsored

Last edited: