Maria99

First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a new Taycan 4S with 3,500 miles - love my car. However, due to unexpected events I may have to sell my car later on this year. Does anyone know how the Porsche dealers sell e.g. do they pay you an agree price or do they keep it in the garage until the get a buyer?
Sponsored

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Not sure in the UK, but in the U.S. most dealers will just outright buy the car if you wish to go that route, but you often will take a bath on what they end up buying it for. Stories abound of recent Taycan buyers in similar circumstances getting out of their recent purchase and being offered 20-30% less than sticker for low mileage cars.

Another popular option is consignment where the dealer acts as a selling agent on your behalf, and takes a percentage of the final sales price. I think this is a smarter route on a new Porsche as the CPO and newness of your car will give it a warranty that's better than new, and current model years Taycans are still selling closeish to sticker. Not sure if this is a common option for selling in the UK though.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In UK, some independent dealers will also sell on commission but I know at least the guys I bought my car from has a few conditions attached to acting as agent (Sale or Return basis), e.g. maximum age and mileage.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
I have a new Taycan 4S with 3,500 miles - love my car. However, due to unexpected events I may have to sell my car later on this year. Does anyone know how the Porsche dealers sell e.g. do they pay you an agree price or do they keep it in the garage until the get a buyer?
I recently sold an ev through rsymons who did a good job for me. They charge fixed fee and they have sold a number of Taycans. Might worth asking.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
You can sell it outright for whatever they offer you, do the same with an independent or get a Porsche dealer to do a sale or return for you. They will charge you £7000 commission plus any preparation costs but this is probably the best option. From a buyers point of view they get a Porsche approved car from a dealer so the premium they will pay is probably more than the £7k you will pay in commission. I would probably explore that option if you want to sell a newish low mileage car
Sponsored