Taycan Turbo for Wife

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
PPQY7WN0

Configuration locks in a week, supposedly. Still have not received the Track Your Dream info...called PCNA this morning to request.

I've wanted to get my wife a Tesla Model S for several years, but she doesn't like Elon Musk's antics, and over the last couple years I've found myself in agreement with her....plus the instrument panel in the Teslas look like an iPad taped onto an Ikea desk. We bought an Audi e-tron about a year ago as our first EV, and have been pleasantly surprised that we like it as much as we do (I personally loathe SUV's and "shopping mall trucks").

Anyhow, after driving the e-tron, my wife was finally open to replacing her car, so we tried to test drive the Audi e-tron GT, but couldn't find any dealer willing to allow any test drives. One of the local Porsche dealers did have a used Taycan Turbo available for a test drive...probably helps it's been out for a few years now. My wife liked it, so we waited about four months for an allocation...missing the tax credit by a day.

Anyhow, Porsche seems to have planned to build our Taycan next month, with an estimated delivery date to the US East Coast in early March. I'm not holding my breath on this schedule working out, but if it doesn't, it will give us more time to get the electrician out to install a 50a outlet in our attached garage. If not, we'll have to rotate the e-tron and Taycan through our other garage for charging.

Feel free to critique our configuration, but I'm pretty confident we have it set up the way she wants it. I'd have preferred the Mission E wheels, and I'm not completely sold on the Blackberry/Slate interior she chose, but I think it will work well with Dolomite Silver. Seems it should be "unique", at least.

I tried to push for Gentian Blue, but my wife pointed out all our other cars are blue, so she wanted something different. I'm not going to argue with that. Instead, I'm having our airplane painted with some blue once it's prepped. ;)
Sponsored

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My wife only cared about the interior/exterior colors, and Mission E wheels. When we're going some where together, I do the driving so I picked the turbo but she could care less for the power or handling. When I built it, I configured and switched between the different options, showed it to her, and let a pick. It's kinda like getting your eyes examined for glasses, "is it better 'A' or 'B'" kinda routine until everything have been selected. After that, I know she'll be happy, and I won't get blame for anything ;)

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I’d reconsider the tech package and get massage seats for sure.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Your wives don't have issue having to lift the car (and/or driving at angles) everywhere and wherever they go?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Love the interior, far more executive jet than decades old sportscar ;)

My wife loves the massage seats, FWIW.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I can only attest that the car is very popular with my wife, she now thinks it is her car, and drives the kids around in it all the time :).

OP
OP
irrelevant

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’d reconsider the tech package and get massage seats for sure.
Her daily commute is eight minutes. We rarely drive more than 50 miles/day, and almost never more than 150 miles/day.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. I fly it.
Awesome, I used to fly a loooong time ago but my wife ended that when we had kids. Hoping to start again soon after the kids are out of the house. Wife has a serious fear of flying so we agreed that I would stop until the kids were raised. Enjoy that plane!

OP
OP
irrelevant

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome, I used to fly a loooong time ago but my wife ended that when we had kids. Hoping to start again soon after the kids are out of the house. Wife has a serious fear of flying so we agreed that I would stop until the kids were raised. Enjoy that plane!
I'm sorry to read this. Best wishes getting back in the air.
Sponsored