Jim300186

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo gt
Country flag
Hi have recently been given a taycan turbo gt build slot. dealer is saying each opc is being given one ca,r this year anyway. Does anyone have confirmation that these are going to be limited build numbers or do people expect them to flood the market again?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi have recently been given a taycan turbo gt build slot. dealer is saying each opc is being given one ca,r this year anyway. Does anyone have confirmation that these are going to be limited build numbers or do people expect them to flood the market again?
Not sure but given the price and general market angst over EV resale values I would guess these variants were always going to be low volume rather than limited. 1 per dealer sounds about right for now.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Both East London and Hatfield have both said they are only expecting 1 each. Presume the dealer is insisting on the Weissach package given it's low numbers?

OP
OP

Jim300186

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo gt
Country flag
Funny my dealer has said to absolutely not go Weissach pack to help residuals apparently! Quite fancied it but also don’t want to drop lots of money on it! It’s good news if the number are this limited that they should hold value quite well 🤞🏻

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
This will be a low volume but not a limited production model. Porsche limited production models typically sell at a big premium from the dealer and increase in value from there. That wont be the case with this one so this is likely why they didnt make it a limited production vehicle.

ChrisWatts

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I’ve been told only one car per dealer too.
And that they’re treating them as GT cars like a 911 GT3 and want the same £10k deposit.
If you’ve bagged one enjoy!

OP
OP

Jim300186

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo gt
Country flag
Thanks yes my Dakar just went back to them, and I’m making the jump to a taycan. Will be my first full electric car can wait June delivery 😁

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Funny my dealer has said to absolutely not go Weissach pack to help residuals apparently! Quite fancied it but also don’t want to drop lots of money on it! It’s good news if the number are this limited that they should hold value quite well 🤞🏻
It's the same price, but yes, low demand for a 2 seat Taycan will probably hit its resale value. I doubt that either version will hold value as well as an ICE GT, would be interesting to see what Porsche Finance quote for balloon payment or equivalent on finance.

OP
OP

Jim300186

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo gt
Country flag
Yes still waiting on that it’s not on the system yet!

OP
OP

Jim300186

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo gt
Country flag
Sounds like they are going to be really limited silverstone experience centre has said they are not even getting one !

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Sounds like they are going to be really limited silverstone experience centre has said they are not even getting one !
That's a pity- would be nice to be able to hire one for the 1 or 2 day driving courses that include time on the Silverstone circuit proper- but makes sense as Porsche's own facilities don't safely allow the extra performance over the Turbo models to be explored.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The dealer said no to the Weissach package because they can make one themselves by just removing the rear seats and a number of other 'unnecessary' extras...:CWL:
Sponsored