First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (73 Plate)
Country flag
Hi all

I joined this forum looking for answers as had issues with my Turbo (MY24) since having it for 2 weeks.

The AC charging unit has failed on the car, the driver side port is loose and the rattling / squeaking on or around the passenger door is making me seriously worry that I have made completely the wrong car choice! Car was brand new and delivered in Feb 24, it's my first (last?) electric car

Are these things common or have I been particularly unlucky?

It's going back to the dealer this week but keen to hear other owners thoughts....

Thanks
Sponsored

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
Unlucky.
Porsche holds (at least in the US) the top spot for initial quality and top spots for 3-year and 5-year.
Take it to the dealer and have them take care of it.

Also, a bit of advice: search the forum first :) You can see if problem is common or not.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Hi all

I joined this forum looking for answers as had issues with my Turbo (MY24) since having it for 2 weeks.

The AC charging unit has failed on the car, the driver side port is loose and the rattling / squeaking on or around the passenger door is making me seriously worry that I have made completely the wrong car choice! Car was brand new and delivered in Feb 24, it's my first (last?) electric car

It's going back to the dealer this week but keen to hear other owners thoughts....

Thanks
Back to the dealer! I wouldn’t be worried too much. Who is your dealer?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi all

Thanks
Quality should not be an issue on the Taycan and particularly on a car of this vintage.

The AC pprt failure can fail - mine failed on my first Taycan (MY21) as it had for others.

Rock solid warranty but this is not a great start unfortunately.

Jagu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S
Country flag
Hi all

Thanks
My Passenger door rattles too. I thought the speakers were busted untill I foud out that it was the door or door panel. I have all types of rattles in my car such as speaker grilles on the dashboard, etc..Porsche has to do better because BMW does much in coach building.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag
Hi all

Thanks
This is rather interesting.
Should some of these been covered under factory warranty.
I found an interesting situation where when I took the the car to the nearest dealership they mentioned that it requires complete alignment for the systems which include,
calibration of the

1: adaptive cruise control system
2: air suspension
3: nightvision

4: checking the Porsche PDLS plus lighting system

they gave a hefty quote.
I have had the car for 15 months so far and I purchased a brand-new

I like to know your opinions.

Thanks

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I found an interesting situation where when I took the the car to the nearest dealership they mentioned that it requires complete alignment for the systems which include,
calibration of the

they gave a hefty quote.

Thanks
It sounds like either you messed the front of your car pretty bad, or the dealer is taking you for a ride. They didn't offer an oil change and complementary spark plugs?

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
calibration of the

they gave a hefty quote.

Thanks
Did they say why you require an alignment? But yes, it can get quite pricey, especially if they have to remove the front bumper (I can't remember if it's toe or camber that requires front bumper removal. But if the bumper has to come off, which is already pricey, tack on more $$$ depending on how many cameras you have (based on options) that need to be recalibrated.

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It sounds like either you messed the front of your car pretty bad, or the dealer is taking you for a ride. They didn't offer an oil change and complementary spark plugs?

Thanks very much,

that we see whether they're going to replace all the eight spark plugs!

I maintained the car very well and the had even taken to the dealership where I purchased the vehicle from. They didn't think there was anything wrong with the alignment!

Anyway I want to give the benefit of the doubt. Except getting a $6,600 figure was a bit of a surprise.

If it is R&D car I can completely understand but Taycan has been in the market and typically I we expected Porsche to be much better than a Ferrari.

Keep your posted

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did they say why you require an alignment? But yes, it can get quite pricey, especially if they have to remove the front bumper (I can't remember if it's toe or camber that requires front bumper removal. But if the bumper has to come off, which is already pricey, tack on more $$$ depending on how many cameras you have (based on options) that need to be recalibrated.
Thanks very much,

Yes it is fully loaded vehicle Tycan GTS, I paid $198K on the road. So it has many cameras. By the production car I would not expect to calibrate.

Should some of these be covered by the warranty?

As it is not a concept car.
do like the car very much, drives well and it is solid compared with my model S Tesla Ludicurious.
I want to give the benefit of the doubt to Porsche and see how they can resolve this matter.

Thanks

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
calibration of the

they gave a hefty quote.

Thanks
100% all warranty items.

OP
OP

CrispyDuck711

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (73 Plate)
Country flag
Just to circle back - Porsche did there work in a week, replaced the ac charger unit in the car, fixed the door panel and also replaced drivers side charge port. Car is now perfect. Faith restored.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Just to circle back - Porsche did there work in a week, replaced the ac charger unit in the car, fixed the door panel and also replaced drivers side charge port. Car is now perfect. Faith restored.
Which is great and as it should be. New cars from all marques sometimes have issues. They are complicated machines.

We all need to be calmer. Your original post made no mention of what the dealer had said/done in response. On a 2wk old car, that has to be your first port of call. 2wks is rarely enough time for me to spot a problem and organise my diary to get to see a dealer!

Trouble is with the Internet, there'll be some picking up on the first post and not the follow up. People think everything is bad and that this is common and so the folklore builds 🙂
Sponsored