Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My car arrived at the dealership!! Now awaiting the sun sensor and have no timeline on when that will arrive. ?
D4168B77-916F-428E-9173-F97AFCD2BA21.jpeg
Does the sun sensor go on the dash sort of inline with the steering wheel? I read somewhere they hold the sun sensor cars as there is a hole in the dahs where it goes and looks like that in your picture.

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Does the sun sensor go on the dash sort of inline with the steering wheel? I read somewhere they hold the sun sensor cars as there is a hole in the dahs where it goes and looks like that in your picture.
I actually have no idea. The dealer didn’t go into detail. I’m going to assume your assumption is correct though.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
So yours never finished production or did it finish August 3?
I have no idea really… so does my dealer… Somewhat frustrating but i hope to get if before october.

What irritates me is that 2022 models will roll out of production just a week or two after mine is delivered

Given the 2 months delay my dealer says he will ask for financial compensation but honestly I doubt he will achieve anything

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
I have no idea really… so does my dealer… Somewhat frustrating but i hope to get if before october.

What irritates me is that 2022 models will roll out of production just a week or two after mine is delivered

Given the 2 months delay my dealer says he will ask for financial compensation but honestly I doubt he will achieve anything
Sorry to say I doubt they’ll do anything considering current market conditions. I too will likely receive my MY ‘21 a week or two before the ‘22’s start hitting the ports. When I made a veiled threat to my dealer that I might simply cancel and move on he was unconcerned as I suspect he’d sell my car without issue.

Tay-k

First Name
Tayk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sorry to say I doubt they’ll do anything considering current market conditions. I too will likely receive my MY ‘21 a week or two before the ‘22’s start hitting the ports. When I made a veiled threat to my dealer that I might simply cancel and move on he was unconcerned as I suspect he’d sell my car without issue.
Why make a threat

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Why make a threat
I’m not used to ordering something based on a projected schedule and having the delivery date(s) changed a half dozen times. Still, as I said…. In this current climate it is what it is

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

When I took over an allocation my dealer had, that was my debate. Get a 2021 now or wait till Nov for a 2022. And it seems many of those builds are being delayed. So I stuck with my 2021.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On a positive note, the Siem Aristotle is docked in Jacksonville! Based on prior moorings, my car probably will not be offloaded till Monday. Hopefully it has all its parts and can get on a truck for a 3 hour ride to my dealer!

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, where do incomplete cars sit waiting for missing parts/chips ?
Parking lots outside the factory ? If so mine will have spent 2 months out in sun and rain … wondering why I bother leaving my car in a garage…

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, where do incomplete cars sit waiting for missing parts/chips ?
Parking lots outside the factory ? If so mine will have spent 2 months out in sun and rain … wondering why I bother leaving my car in a garage…
Another member said his was waiting in the port for the part. That is for sure outside.

GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
Mine waited at the port for a week. Then they shipped it to the dealer to wait. All outside. Hopeful the part will arrive this week ?

Peter W

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hammeryachts.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT -2016 Cayenne-1997 911 vesuvio grey
Country flag
My (well, not yet actually, my soon to be) mamba green Taycan CT is at the Champion dealership in Fort Lauderdale, I briefly saw it on August 10th before I left for Europe. They were waiting for some temperature sensor under the forward windscreen, they told me the car is drive-able but they cannot deliver it. That's a blessing in disguise, I am stuck in Portugal after a positive Covid test (vaccinated, no symptoms, "breakthrough case"), so it would be very frustrating if I had been home. Anyone has any information on the missing part?

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? tcc.JPG

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
My (well, not yet actually, my soon to be) mamba green Taycan CT is at the Champion dealership in Fort Lauderdale, I briefly saw it on August 10th before I left for Europe. They were waiting for some temperature sensor under the forward windscreen, they told me the car is drive-able but they cannot deliver it. That's a blessing in disguise, I am stuck in Portugal after a positive Covid test (vaccinated, no symptoms, "breakthrough case"), so it would be very frustrating if I had been home. Anyone has any information on the missing part?

tcc.JPG
I’m sorry you have Covid and hope you have fast recovery. Your car is beautiful! My RWD has been at dealer since 8/12 and is also missing the same sensor. They told us the sensor could come anytime and that they don’t have exact date for delivery. Kind of stinks but it has given them time to do the paint protection and window tinting so it will be ready to go as soon as sensor arrives and is installed.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It seems the sun sensor and the TPM are the two common parts that are missing (that does not allow them to sell/release the car other parts are missing but allow for release aka steering column). I wish mine was at the dealer as I would get my PPF and tint done by his guy before I take delivery rather than use my guy abs be without my car after I take delivery.
Sponsored