U.K. Owner and delivery date list

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
speak to your accountant as I'm led to believe you can claim first year allowance on the previous financial year?
Sponsored

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
i also think its worth speaking to the dealer principle and Porsche GB and see if they can supply you with a loan Taycan or 911 until your car is fixed

the least they can do is deliver you the cayenne to your house so you are not having to go put of the way to collect it

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
i also think its worth speaking to the dealer principle and Porsche GB and see if they can supply you with a loan Taycan or 911 until your car is fixed

the least they can do is deliver you the cayenne to your house so you are not having to go put of the way to collect it
I'm waiting for a call back. The issue is if I accept the PCP now to get the tax benefits, I have no idea how long I will be without my car, therefore I am paying monthy's for nothing and will actually get the car for less time.

I know it's not anyones fault, but a flagship car like this with a know fault since April.....

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I'm waiting for a call back. The issue is if I accept the PCP now to get the tax benefits, I have no idea how long I will be without my car, therefore I am paying monthy's for nothing and will actually get the car for less time.

I know it's not anyones fault, but a flagship car like this with a know fault since April.....
Get them to pay the PCP until the car arrives. Needs hard negotiation but getting the DP involved and explaining your situation may help.

SAM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS, 435D Gran Coupe
Country flag
Had a gut feeling at the start of the week something was going to go pear shaped, said it to the Mrs. True i can against next year, but this year was the best on my books and I kinda already know the next 12 months wont be as good. Oh well, what will be will be!
As LFCDan has since mentioned, it is also my understanding that you can claim the first year allowance on the previous financial year. I think it's worth checking with your accountant...

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Latest is that it will be fixed with a replacement 12v next Friday and then I will be able to receive the vehicle the following week. Nervous about whether this will actually fix the fault, as if it's software based then it will simply happen again

Offering a courtesy car up to the point of collect.

My Accountant states:

"You cannot carry First Year Allowance back to the previous year.

Have you received an invoice for the car and paid a deposit?"

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
speak to your accountant as I'm led to believe you can claim first year allowance on the previous financial year?
Just get an invoice dated this year, fo not pay till you get car.

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
Mine should have been shipped from Emden on the 26th. Spoke to my dealer a couple of days ago and it is held in Emden by Porsche for a QA check. No ETA.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Mine is confirmed for Friday collection. It’s going to be chucking it down with rain I think.... oh well might need to wash it at the weekend then!

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
I was told Friday my car would be at dealers Monday & they’d contact me. By Tuesday 11am nothing special dropped a note and got video of car in Del packaging Tuesday. As I’ve flight & 300 mile trip back with car I asked about anticipated pdi so I could plan ahead - dealer tells me he’ll make contact when pdi is done (& I again ask for anticipated pdi in case there is upgrade software to delay car being ready! Nothing until a call to say car is through pdi and ready but ... dealer can’t meet me at airport or bring car to airport / or car is too heavy for normal transporter so it would be next week to arrange transport to somewhere closer to me (& because of the delay in replying any NI transporter options are now filled for this week!) Grim service all round - like all prospective owners we are keen to get our cars - not least when it’s 3mths late & cars manufactured later have arrived first ... if delivery & handover is subject to strict CoVid rules I understand but I was always flying in from (NI) or needing to agree a handover that worked for everyone in terms of health & safety. Yorkshire to Liverpool Arpt or Newcastle Arpt isn’t a huge distance to move the car to me if it’s not possible to bring me from airport to dealership!
It’s feeling like an uphill battle lads! Rant over!
Sponsored