dmb

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
While I thoroughly enjoy being one of the few Taycans in my nook of the East Valley of Phoenix (Gilbert), it would be cool to get together with some fellow Taycan owners…perhaps do a fun drive with some twisties out to Canyon Lake or similar.

Who’s from AZ?
me! got a 4s in white, i always go up and down scottsdale rd for work, i've seen a lady drive a blue one and another gentleman drive a white one, definitly more on the road
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rcrewse7

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
Anyone have schedule flexibility the week after Christmas? Couple of drive ideas are to head to head up towards Canyon Lake and have lunch at Tortilla Flats, or take the back road to Prescott and come back down the 17. Thoughts?

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Anyone have schedule flexibility the week after Christmas? Couple of drive ideas are to head to head up towards Canyon Lake and have lunch at Tortilla Flats, or take the back road to Prescott and come back down the 17. Thoughts?
Would be cool if a number of people decided to go. I may be able to do this.

OP
OP
Rcrewse7

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m good to go unless something unforeseen comes up.
So we’re up to 3 of us interested right now. Who else in AZ wants to meet up and drive their car properly?

OP
OP
Rcrewse7

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So we’re up to 4 people interested in a group drive next week….

After taking a look at weather, Mon/Tues 12/27-12/28 look to have the warmest temps with no rain. Also, Prescott temps are forecasted in the 40’s those days which probably makes for less than ideal conditions with summer tires. The drive up to Canyon Lake with lunch at Tortilla Flat looks to be the best bet at the moment.

Thoughts?

User name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT
Country flag

After taking a look at weather, Mon/Tues 12/27-12/28 look to have the warmest temps with no rain. Also, Prescott temps are forecasted in the 40’s those days which probably makes for less than ideal conditions with summer tires. The drive up to Canyon Lake with lunch at Tortilla Flat looks to be the best bet at the moment.

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

Thoughts?
Maybe Tuesday. Thanks for organizing/looking into this.

OP
OP
Rcrewse7

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds like Tuesday the 28th is the best fit for everyone, and forecast still looks fine around lunch time and into the afternoon. Unless someone is farther East than Gilbert/Mesa, we could meet at the QT off Greenfield Road and the 60…unfortunately there are no EA chargers off the 60 once you’re east of the I-10.

QT
1733 S Greenfield Rd, Mesa, AZ 85206

How does an 11 AM start work for schedules? My schedule is flexible on Tuesday. The twisting drive to Tortilla Flat is about 45 minutes, and lunch at the Tortilla Flat Saloon is actually pretty solid.

Tortilla Flat Saloon
1 Main Street, Tortilla Flat, AZ 85190

Overall, probably figure around a 3 hour time commitment from meet up.

Look forward to hearing from you guys….

OP
OP
Rcrewse7

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rain is now increasingly likely for Tuesday, and while I’m still good to go for the drive then, it would be nice to have the dry conditions we're set to have tomorrow. Thoughts?

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Rain is now increasingly likely for Tuesday, and while I’m still good to go for the drive then, it would be nice to have the dry conditions we're set to have tomorrow. Thoughts?
I agree that I would prefer a dry day.