Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Does anybody know if Tesla Tap convertor will be compatible for use on Taycan in UK
Sponsored

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
You don't need one in the UK - Teslas & Taycans use the same type 2 connector for AC charging.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You don't need one in the UK - Teslas & Taycans use the same type 2 connector for AC charging.
Hi I have got a Taycan 4s on order and thought that would let me charge on a Tesla charger

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Hi I have got a Taycan 4s on order and thought that would let me charge on a Tesla charger
The connectors are the same in Europe and U.K . You cant charge @ Tesla Superchargers due to software rather than hardware.

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
You can charge on the home/destination chargers as the plug is exactly the same. I have one at home and it charges every car I've plugged in to it so far with no issues.

There is a side issue in that some Tesla chargers (while using the same connector) do a negotiation with the car to see if its a Tesla and will only charge them specifically. You may see this in some hotels where they have two A/C chargers - a Tesla only charger and an everything else charger. The actual connection is exactly the same and its just a few switches in the charger that cause the negotiation.

You can't currently at least charge using the high speed Tesla Superchargers that you see on the motorway services etc.

OP
OP

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can charge on the home/destination chargers as the plug is exactly the same. I have one at home and it charges every car I've plugged in to it so far with no issues.

There is a side issue in that some Tesla chargers (while using the same connector) do a negotiation with the car to see if its a Tesla and will only charge them specifically. You may see this in some hotels where they have two A/C chargers - a Tesla only charger and an everything else charger. The actual connection is exactly the same and its just a few switches in the charger that cause the negotiation.

You can't currently at least charge using the high speed Tesla Superchargers that you see on the motorway services etc.

Thanks for the info and understand now still in learn mode for EV

Kind Regards

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
It’s however worth noting that Tesla is supposed to open up their Supercharger network to all brands soon.

Exactly how this is going to work is not entirely clear yet, though. The good thing is that European Teslas use standard CCS like the Taycan so you won’t need an adapter like in the US.
Sponsored