Test drive and negotiation tips

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
I just called her, your email was on the spam box, she ll get in contact with you straight ;)
Sponsored

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
On your test drive, if there is particular feature you like, ask with which option it is included and don't assume it is a standard feature. For example, the front facing camera in the grille is part of the Surround Vision option. Another feature, adjustable front footwell temperature, requires the 4-zone automatic air conditioning option.

I have the roof rails on my Taycan CT. They cannot be added separately and they also require the panoramic roof. I never purchased the cross bars because of the damage caused to the rails as reported by other forum members.

Keeping the Taycan beyond the warranty period can be an expensive proposition. The warranty work order to apply the ANA6 software uPdate and one other recall on my car indicated 16 labor hours. I can't imagine paying ~$2000 for this service if the car was out of warranty.
My instrument cluster packed up after 3 months. I was told by service that outside warranty it was a cool £5,500 + vat. Only a mad man or the owner of an airline would own any EV outside of a warranty.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
My instrument cluster packed up after 3 months. I was told by service that outside warranty it was a cool £5,500 + vat. Only a mad man or the owner of an airline would own any EV outside of a warranty.
But surely you can buy extended warranty? You can in France. 3000 gbp for 3 years. Not sure on the exclusions

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just called her, your email was on the spam box, she ll get in contact with you straight ;)
Thanks so kind of you. Yes she just called to confirm she will give me a Devi tomorrow. The disadvantage is she cannot give discount. I've been offered 3.3% from Limoges.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry to hear that for the discount.

All in all it s 5k more or less but at least if she can get a better delivery date you could use that to get an even better discount from limoges :cool:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks both.

If you read on Innodrive it also uses the sat nav but I guess not for range. I will only be doing long trips to the UK a few times a year anyway.

ACC does give a lot more than adaptive cruise which for this most isn't need around us as the motorways are so quiet. Useful on trips to the UK.

I don't see PIRM as an option on the GTS though
Check the standard spec for France as it may be like the UK where it is standard on all cars.

PIRM is an enhancement to Range Mode and only active when Range drive mode is active.

You can't have InnoDrive on its own as you must have ACC (hardware and software) upon which it depends. InnoDrive can.be added later at more cost and be on a trial basis via Function on Demand (FOD). Relies on mapping data and therefore related to NAV and effectively attempts to read the road ahead and set the car up accordingly. Lots of other "useful" features too.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Check the standard spec for France as it may be like the UK where it is standard on all cars.

PIRM is an enhancement to Range Mode and only active when Range drive mode is active.

You can't have InnoDrive on its own as you must have ACC (hardware and software) upon which it depends. InnoDrive can.be added later at more cost and be on a trial basis via Function on Demand (FOD). Relies on mapping data and therefore related to NAV and effectively attempts to read the road ahead and set the car up accordingly. Lots of other "useful" features too.
thank you. I will let you know what Camille says

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Sorry to hear that for the discount.

All in all it s 5k more or less but at least if she can get a better delivery date you could use that to get an even better discount from limoges :cool:
HI Valen

Do you of any other Porsche Retail Group owned delears in France? I may as well contact a few. Thanks

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There's Porsche Velizy and Porsche Levallois who belong to the same group as St Maur.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
But you guys pay way less for your cars than europe so overall you are probably paying the same.
Looking at the Porsche USA website, that's not true at all, and that's before you talk about the U.S. dealers adding $$$ above the MRSP.
Sponsored