Test drive and negotiation tips

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
First I’ve heard about discounts anywhere. Hopefully a good sign for other markets in the near future. CA dealers are still asking for $20k - $30k over MSRP. It’s ridiculous
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
First I’ve heard about discounts anywhere. Hopefully a good sign for other markets in the near future. CA dealers are still asking for $20k - $30k over MSRP. It’s ridiculous
But you guys pay way less for your cars than europe so overall you are probably paying the same.

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
But you guys pay way less for your cars than europe so overall you are probably paying the same.
Might be true but we also have to resell in this market so most of the time whatever you pay over MSRP is literally money down the drain. I’d never pay over MSRP for a vehicle, I’d rather wait for the market and demand to adjust.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Might be true but we also have to resell in this market so most of the time whatever you pay over MSRP is literally money down the drain. I’d never pay over MSRP for a vehicle, I’d rather wait for the market and demand to adjust.
I will be keeping my car a good few years hopefully so would welcome the low prices in the US and Canada

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I like my power Charge Port Doors. They are not needed (though a guy on the Facebook group backed his butt into the non-powered one when open and it broke off), but they are a neat gimmick. People love seeing them open. Conversation piece.

I have a black car so they do not stand out, but personally, on the light colored cars, I think they look good to break up that very large space.

BDH-Consult

First Name
Baudouin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, Skoda Kodiak and newly CT4 Gentian
Country flag
I'm taking a test drive with one of the local dealers on Saturday in a GTS Sport Turismo which is the model I will be buying. The demonstrator in in Crayon, not may favourite colour but has pretty much every option available so will be good to check out what I want to order.

So any tips on the test drive, features to try etc.

Also any tips on the ordering process and negotiations. I'm in France so we pay more but the delivery time is at least better then the UK and I've been offered a tiny bit of discount. This dealer says delivery time is June 2023.

I am also lining up another test drive with another local dealer probably the Saturday after. This dealer is saying March delivery and has also offered a similar discount. We don't have a Porsche Centre in the nearest large city here so I have 3 dealers all around 1 to 1.5 hours drive which is not far in France. It's a big country.

Any advice welcome. Thanks in advance
Bonjour, Hi,
Maybe you are luckier than us in Belgium,.
Can be that Stuttgart is closer for you who knows... but personally, I ordered a Cross Turismo 4 in Nov 2021, and delivery has been postponed several times, was originally June 22 now for Jan 2023 expected..
We will see, Porsche is, like all Car manufacturer, parts shortage, I have read that now it is the 12 Volts Battery which is missing, the reason of was a fire at the build plant in Czechia.

Welcome to the waiting list Club :)

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
On your test drive, if there is particular feature you like, ask with which option it is included and don't assume it is a standard feature. For example, the front facing camera in the grille is part of the Surround Vision option. Another feature, adjustable front footwell temperature, requires the 4-zone automatic air conditioning option.

I have the roof rails on my Taycan CT. They cannot be added separately and they also require the panoramic roof. I never purchased the cross bars because of the damage caused to the rails as reported by other forum members.

Keeping the Taycan beyond the warranty period can be an expensive proposition. The warranty work order to apply the ANA6 software uPdate and one other recall on my car indicated 16 labor hours. I can't imagine paying ~$2000 for this service if the car was out of warranty.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
On your test drive, if there is particular feature you like, ask with which option it is included and don't assume it is a standard feature. For example, the front facing camera in the grille is part of the Surround Vision option. Another feature, adjustable front footwell temperature, requires the 4-zone automatic air conditioning option.

I have the roof rails on my Taycan CT. They cannot be added separately and they also require the panoramic roof. I never purchased the cross bars because of the damage caused to the rails as reported by other forum members.

Keeping the Taycan beyond the warranty period can be an expensive proposition. The warranty work order to apply the ANA6 software uPdate and one other recall on my car indicated 16 labor hours. I can't imagine paying ~$2000 for this service if the car was out of warranty.
Are you sure recalls are not covered outside of warranty?

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like my power Charge Port Doors. They are not needed (though a guy on the Facebook group backed his butt into the non-powered one when open and it broke off), but they are a neat gimmick. People love seeing them open. Conversation piece.

I have a black car so they do not stand out, but personally, on the light colored cars, I think they look good to break up that very large space.
Good point. I saw the guy on Facebook too. I might add these.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bonjour, Hi,
Maybe you are luckier than us in Belgium,.
Can be that Stuttgart is closer for you who knows... but personally, I ordered a Cross Turismo 4 in Nov 2021, and delivery has been postponed several times, was originally June 22 now for Jan 2023 expected..
We will see, Porsche is, like all Car manufacturer, parts shortage, I have read that now it is the 12 Volts Battery which is missing, the reason of was a fire at the build plant in Czechia.

Welcome to the waiting list Club :)
That's bad news sorry to hear. I'm hoping some of these production delays are easing now but who knows. He seems a lottery at the moment hence not now who to give me deposit to.

Mathys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X3 30e
Country flag
Consider the electric charge covers, my reasons:
Used often, daily? When I charge at home, I often forget to close the on our X3 30e.
The standard ones feel flimsy, non Porsche like.
Less risk that a jealous person breaks off the cover.
No debris build up in the open vents, worse when you have proper winters.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure share you specs. You just have to share the Porsche Code that you will get with the Porsche configurator. This is basically my spec (except i've Burmester instead of Bose and led projectors on doors)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPU6APP8

ACC is adaptative cruise control. Even if you don't think you will use it it provides the sensors that are needed to spec:
- ALK: active lane keeping (basically the car stay in her line even in turns)
- Innodrive (it s the Porsche Version of the autopilot)

If you don't have at least ACC specced you will not be able order ALK or Innodrive after delivery.
Even if you don't really plan to use it, it could be wise on a resell point of view.

As you are new to the Taycan, there's basically no difference anymore between a 2021 and a 2023. They just did a software update that put all existing cars at the same level (except for plug and charge for the 2020 i think). This is what made me buy a used (1 year, 10k km) instead of waiting for a new one (and i saved a ton of money).

I was in the same mood about configuring the spec that i want but this one had all of them (and more)

About dealers as you are already covering most of France, you should contact Porsche Saint Maur, they are in the same group as Levallois, Velizy etc... and are probably the biggest dealer in France so maybe they have better allocations than others
If you want here the detail of the salesgirl that managed my buying process Camille Mission 0607329690
Hi Valen

Is this Saint Maur Paris? Trying to find the dealer. Camille has not replied to my email.

Buckets265

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4
Country flag

I am pretty sure recalls performed after the warranty ended are covered. I had a 10 year old WRX that had a recall completely covered by Subaru.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Yes it's Saint Maur Paris.

Ahh damn French, they re so slow to reply :CWL:

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946