Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
Locked the car today and the dealer talked me in to having the 2+1 as the residual was slightly better.
Other thing i was on the fence about was the matrix led in glacier blue, i dropped it in the end as I barely drive at night.
Sponsored

Gstahl

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS and others
Country flag
okay, call me silly, how the heck do you fold the center on the 2+1, I read a few pages of the thread and did not see (the thread is obviously about whether it is worth, I think yes, just need to find the release). Thanks!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
okay, call me silly, how the heck do you fold the center on the 2+1, I read a few pages of the thread and did not see (the thread is obviously about whether it is worth, I think yes, just need to find the release). Thanks!
You're Silly!

Sorry, no idea.

Gstahl

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS and others
Country flag
Thanks! I should have done the manual search (though I have to figure that out... Porsche rep pointed to the in car version). I see your image is a screenshot.... It made me look for the on line manual referenced from myporsche... thanks for that.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Thanks! I should have done the manual search (though I have to figure that out... Porsche rep pointed to the in car version). I see your image is a screenshot.... It made me look for the on line manual referenced from myporsche... thanks for that.
It is also in the app: details page and manual in the top right. Much easier.

I888I

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911-996 - Taycan GTS (9/23) - Cessna C340A
Country flag
What do think about back seats. 2 +1 optional?

pro and cons

usability, aesthetics. Etc
I did not take the option of a 3rd backseat, for the following reasons
- the 4 seater interior is more balanced, more beautiful.
- the middle seat is not a real seat, not comfortable
- the 3rd headrest is blocking rear view through the already small window
- the tray with contrasting stitching is really nice.

no pro and esthetics contra. So no 5th seat for me.

Porsche Taycan Back seats 2+1 IMG_7188

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I sometimes need to take children somewhere and I already had a car with only 4 seats that was often useless because I needed 5 for a short trip.
Not sure I would have bought a Taycan if the extra occasional seat hadn’t been an option, particularly with the uselessly shallow (in a car with good roadholding) tray instead.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
The 2+1 was on my min build for a used CT only for the center pass through with skis.
I doubt anyone will ever sit in that middle seat. If so, I apologize in advance for the suffering!
The center headrest does interfere with rear visibility but it is easily removed, which I did even before driving anywhere. Ditto on my wife’s i4.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I sometimes need to take children somewhere and I already had a car with only 4 seats that was often useless because I needed 5 for a short trip.
Not sure I would have bought a Taycan if the extra occasional seat hadn’t been an option, particularly with the uselessly shallow (in a car with good roadholding) tray instead.
Totally agree.

Would not have considered a car without it.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I didn't spec it because we have a car with 7 seats and I just never saw myself going on anything less than a long journey and needing minimum 5 people. Plus the extra headrest blocks an already tiny rear screen (as mentioned above). I'm not sure it looks better/worse but I just didn't need it and frankly, don't care about the residuals.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I didn't spec it because we have a car with 7 seats and I just never saw myself going on anything less than a long journey and needing minimum 5 people. Plus the extra headrest blocks an already tiny rear screen (as mentioned above). I'm not sure it looks better/worse but I just didn't need it and frankly, don't care about the residuals.
I’m not bothered by residuals either but we don’t have the 8 seater we had when our 4 children lived at home.

My 4 seater has often had to be left at home when we have 3 cousins in the back (all 3 of our daughters fell pregnant at the same time so 3 of our grandchildren are close in age and like to do things together).

Originally I removed the centre headrest but it was needed to support my boot liner and when I put it back I barely noticed it for some reason.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The middle seat is usable for short trips to sport actives. My kids are 13 and 14.

I have the ski bag to go between the seat and have used it last winter. It only fits 2 pairs. The opening is pretty small anyway.

the roof box is easier for that purpose but is bad for range and is noisy.

since last year we have rented a locker for 40 euro/week at the lifts. And we rent our skis lically anyway. Best solution.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Our other car only has 4 seats so 4+1 was a deal breaker for me in the Taycan - I need it for when taking kid's friends or my parents places. It's a very big car to be configured as a 4 seater IMO

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
With the headrest down I've not noticed it being a huge impediment to rearward vision personally...
Sponsored