W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Let’s compare battery temps this summerfor the UAE and other hot weather folk. My daily commute is 130Km and the car sits in an outdoor shaded area while charging at work. Should be interesting to see range numbers in the first summer with AC and radiators working hard.
Currently ambient temperature is around 29-34 C in the day and the battery temp maxs out at 32C at highway speeds.
Use the range checker for your particular Taycan to get a good indication - available before you bought the car.

Lots of fast driving and hard braking (the UAE way) on level roads won't lead to spectacular range.

My guess is around 234 miles more or less worst case with ambient 35C (I know it will be much higher) and 70% motorway driving.
Sponsored

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
Lots of fast driving and hard braking (the UAE way) on level roads won't lead to spectacular range.
My guess is around 234 miles more or less worst case with ambient 35C (I know it will be much higher) and 70% motorway driving.
The max i have charged my car is 91%, with that i got around 420Km (262miles), i drove it for around 300km and the range meter was still saying i have 105km

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The max i have charged my car is 91%, with that i got around 420Km (262miles), i drove it for around 300km and the range meter was still saying i have 105km
That's pretty good but still not summer yet. See how you go in July / August.

How does it compare to the range calc tool?

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I have never found a more opportune time to say:

Hot Damn.