enzo5000

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT, BMW E60 M5, BMW R1250GSA
Country flag
I concur. I did the center console as well. And getting all matchy matchy, I got a Mamba FOB cover.

Porsche Taycan This is the best value mod (relative to price!) -- Steering wheel tab color vinyl pippa_mamba_matchy

Last edited:
OP
OP

castadream

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Damn. Was thinking of redoing my wheel for perfection. Then thought good enough. Then I see yours and want to redo mine.

I also did my center console. Wasn’t a fan but I did a rough cut as a test. Yours makes me again want to revisit.

Davy021

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can you post link for what you used please

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Unless you're a dummy like me and didn't get that steering wheel option. Those color stripes look so good!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Unless you're a dummy like me and didn't get that steering wheel option. Those color stripes look so good!
Not an order option (at least in 2021) but simply cut piece of ‘wrap’ you stretch into the center stitched area (self adhesive and spot of glue to close / totally reversible).

OP
OP

castadream

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not an order option (at least in 2021) but simply cut piece of ‘wrap’ you stretch into the center stitched area (self adhesive and spot of glue to close / totally reversible).
Think he means sport steering wheel option. Can still work but understand not the same.

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
How does that piece of vinyl feel when your hands come across it on the steering wheel? Do you feel it at all?

I suppose if the edges are tucked in, you may not feel it. Otherwise, if it can be felt, I think it would be distracting and give a perception of poor quality.

I have the Race-tex GTS interior, including the steering wheel. I'd love to have a strip of red at the top of my steering wheel and above the center vents, but I don't think shiny vinyl will look right. It would have to be a red alcantara or similar.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How does that piece of vinyl feel when your hands come across it on the steering wheel? Do you feel it at all?

I suppose if the edges are tucked in, you may not feel it. Otherwise, if it can be felt, I think it would be distracting and give a perception of poor quality.

I have the Race-tex GTS interior, including the steering wheel. I'd love to have a strip of red at the top of my steering wheel and above the center vents, but I don't think shiny vinyl will look right. It would have to be a red alcantara or similar.
If you measure and set it right it can honestly look 100% OEM - even the stitching is 'preserved' and the feel is almost no different to the wheel itself but perhaps ever so slightly more slick as you might expect.

I didn't use a 'gloss or shiny' finish but rather Satin and that to my eye (which lets be honest is the only one hat matters in my car), looks perfect :)

I nailed the cut 'width' of the piece on my second attempt - you have to stretch it vertically when applying so this in turn of course narrows it a fraction relative to your cut - so add that fraction of a mm to the cut and it will stretch and lay down perfect.

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
Forgive my naivety, but is there any practical advantage for adding it, or is it purely the cosmetic appeal for you?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Forgive my naivety, but is there any practical advantage for adding it, or is it purely the cosmetic appeal for you?
100% cosmetic for me and TBH, did it one day as was bored, but actually quite like the result :)
Now if you track you car there arguably is an advantage to having the 12 o'clock position in your peripheral but opinions may vary.