First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S, 1964 Porsche 356, 1973 Porsche
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNDYSK60

I am about to lock in the configuration for my Taycan 4S. I took a minimalist approach to options. I have spec-ed the performance package (must have for me), the larger battery, the surround view, and pretty much nothing else. I have the 400V 150kW option (if I use it once it will have been worth it) but no other charging options (thanks for the advice on the other thread).

I probably have few more days to change this. Let me know if I'm making any huge mistake.
Sponsored

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
In my opinion, what makes the Taycan stand out, is the design, and you do not spend much on “looks”. You just cannot run 19” wheels…?take at look at http://www.porsche-code.com/PNSDZRH9. I like the color, it’s a head turner color?
I’m also not a fan of the 19’s, but to be honest, I don’t think any of the others (except the MachE) look all that great either. If I were doing a sedan, and didn’t want to spend the 9k on MachE’s — I’d probably go aftermarket.

OP
OP

BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not worried about wheels. Those are easy to fix later. Anything else?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Innodrive not worth the money. I would put those funds towards 14-way seats and some other bits such as ambient lighting, 20" wheels, painted mirrors, BOSE, pano roof, ventilated seats. Good news is air suspension is standard on 4S.

Reactions: B61

OP
OP

BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I want ACC and ALK. Can I get ALK without Innodrive?

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
I'm with XLR82XS ... but it depends on your needs/wants/driving style. Many people on this forum have commented on how twitchy and 'nanny-like' the Porsche adaptive cruise / lane-keeping acts in real life.

Several people have equated it similar to Audi's self-drive feature. Don't have it myself, but I have adaptive cruise with lane-keeping (for Canadian market, don't know about USA) and I actually turn it off most of the time.

I've found it to be overly-protective and even alarming at the way it corrects when driving at speed. Anything past 35mp/h(50km/h) in the city, I turn it off. I definitely don't use it.

The rest of your spec looks 100% fine: bigger battery, electric charge doors, and folding mirrors are a must in my opinion. The last 2 items aren't critical but they add a lot of "class" to the car for not much money.

I'd spend the Inno $$$ on painted mirrors, 14-way seats as well. The 14-way seats are super comfortable.

Can't comment on the factory stereo, as mine came with Bose. If you're a music lover, I'd also get the Bose, it really sounds great.

p.s. Final point: really love the Frozen Blue Metallic ... it's gorgeous. Porsche has some kind of magic when it comes to their metallic paint finishes, it just "glows" from underneath. You're going to love it.

OP
OP

BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you suggesting that ACC is bad? or ALK is bad, or both? Should I drop Innodrive and just get ACC?

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Innodrive not available in Australia, so cannot comment, but ACC is and really useful for longer drives or if you are just tired and driving home after a long day. ALK not so fussed but in our market is standard on the 4S as are 14 way seats.
I would agree with others and go for the painted mirrors and Bose, ideally ventilated seats and ambient lighting. For me the only deal breaker would be the wheels - I really do not like the 19" - I am not worried about the size, just the looks. There is another thread on the forum where a members painted parts of this 19" wheel in black and it did look much better - sorry, I cannot find the link now

OP
OP

BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is the link to the wheels modification:

Cheap mod for Aero S wheels
Also, if you keep these wheel in grey, then I think Taycan 4s badge at back in grey is fine.

If you go with the black paint on these wheels, I think you needs the window surrounds and the badge in black as well.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree LCA would be useful safety feature - it is pretty conservative, though, so in reality I would often change when one or two orange bars showing

makados

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW X5 45e, 2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Based on these I think I do want both ACC and ALK, and I can't seem to get ALK without Innodrive.
it seems that the only way to get ALK without Innodrive is to build a car with ACC and then add ALK as FoD. At least it should work that way in US