Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I picked up my new Taycan GTS Sport Turismo just over two weeks ago. Only now do I have time to create this thread.

Mamba Green metallic. Pictures do not do it justice. Of all the colours I've owned on cars, this changes the most in real life depending on the light. I like it best when it's dull and cloudy, as the colour takes on a yellow/green hue, which I think goes better with the red brake calipers. I believe mine was one of the last Taycans to be built in Mamba Green, as my car was built on the Thursday of the last week of production for the colour. For the interior, I went with Race Tex, but added the GTS Interior Package in "Crayon", which adds coloured stitching, and various other elements such as the matt carbon trim inserts. This was needed, IMHO, as the interior could be dull otherwise. I also added extra Race Tex to the B-pillars. I love the Race Tex, and it's nice to go with something other than leather for once (there is leather in the interior, however, on the top of the dashboard, doors, and sides of the seats). A GTS also needs the Race Tex, IMHO.

The GTS comes with a lot of features as standard, such as the Sports Chrono Package, PASM, LED MATRIX headlights, and the Performance Battery Plus, but I added a few nice options also. A few of the important ones are below:

21" RS Spyder matt black rims
Absolutely essential on the GTS.

Rear-Axle Steering
Also includes the Power Steering Plus, and both options transform the handling from what I experienced in my first Taycan. The GTS also has a unique set up, so it's not solely down to the RAS, but this is an option I absolutely love. The car handles like a hot hatch.

Door sill guards, carbon matt, illuminated
They look superb and very "high-end".

Electric charging cover
Essential, IMHO.

The performance is breathtaking. Official figures 0-100 km/h are 3.7 seconds, but it feels quicker than that. Low 3s, for sure. Even then, the figures don't paint the full picture. The way the power is delivered is shocking. 598hp and 850 Nm of torque make it feel a car weighing no more than 1.5 tonnes.

I've not done any long-distance drives yet (next month), but I'll be interested how the 18-way Sports seats feel after a few hours in the seat. They're extremely snug, but comfortable for half an hour.

I'm extremely happy with the car, and I literally cannot stop looking at it. It drives incredibly well, and is the perfect car to be both a sports car and a family car. I'd keep this over my R8 V10.

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_1706

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_1709

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_1707

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_1718

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_1757

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_1795

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_1805

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_1808

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_1810

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_1834

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_1850

Last edited:

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
You previously had the RWD right? If so, how does it compare to the GTS?

OP
OP
Throb

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You previously had the RWD right? If so, how does it compare to the GTS?
Yes.

I'm pleased to say it's like a different car, considering the premium in purchase price. Two clear areas. The sheer out-and-out performance of the GTS. The RWD was fast enough, but you wouldn't call it a high performance car. The GTS is mind-blowing.

The second area is that despite the GTS being heavier than the RWD, it feels much more nimble. That would be the RAS and Power Steering Plus. It's hard to believe it's nearly 2.5 tonnes.

I'm still getting used to the GTS as I plan to drive it more next month on a 2,000km road trip back to the UK. I can't stop looking at it though.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
Yes.

I'm pleased to say it's like a different car, considering the premium in purchase price. Two clear areas. The sheer out-and-out performance of the GTS. The RWD was fast enough, but you wouldn't call it a high performance car. The GTS is mind-blowing.

The second area is that despite the GTS being heavier than the RWD, it feels much more nimble. That would be the RAS and Power Steering Plus. It's hard to believe it's nearly 2.5 tonnes.

I'm still getting used to the GTS as I plan to drive it more next month on a 2,000km road trip back to the UK. I can't stop looking at it though.
Great car, I have very similar in the RWD version without race tex. the edition of crayon stitching really does lift the interior, were you tempted by the mamba green stitching? Mamba green is such a great colour. I love RAS this is so often overlooked and really makes the car manoeuvrable at low speeds but gives lithe and agile handling on quick corners. I wonder about the electric charging point covers. These fill in the front arch aero slots so make the car slightly less efficient and can't see any advantage over pushing the cover to open and close. I wouldn't spec this again. I am though very tempted by the GTS version ...

OP
OP
Throb

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great car, I have very similar in the RWD version without race tex. the edition of crayon stitching really does lift the interior, were you tempted by the mamba green stitching?
No. The only quandary I had was choosing between the Carmine Red or Crayon colours for the GTS Interior Package. I like the red seatbelts but I thought it was too much of a gamble to pair it with Mamba Green exterior. In the end I'm happy I went with Crayon, as I think the red stitching isn't as prominent, and I really needed to "lift" the interior.

As for the Mamba Green stitching. I think the colour would have looked fine, but I didn't want to pay for the other items that come with the GTS Interior Package, separately, and lose entirely the little "GTS" label at the bottom of the steering wheel.

So you have the black leather with Crayon stitching? Did you consider the Blackberry leather? I had Blackberry full leather on my previous Taycan RWD (paired with Dolomite), but it works well with Mamba, also. Just have a look at @f1eng s photos for proof.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
No. The only quandary I had was choosing between the Carmine Red or Crayon colours for the GTS Interior Package. I like the red seatbelts but I thought it was too much of a gamble to pair it with Mamba Green exterior. In the end I'm happy I went with Crayon, as I think the red stitching isn't as prominent, and I really needed to "lift" the interior.

As for the Mamba Green stitching. I think the colour would have looked fine, but I didn't want to pay for the other items that come with the GTS Interior Package, separately, and lose entirely the little "GTS" label at the bottom of the steering wheel.

So you have the black leather with Crayon stitching? Did you consider the Blackberry leather? I had Blackberry full leather on my previous Taycan RWD (paired with Dolomite), but it works well with Mamba, also. Just have a look at @f1eng s photos for proof.
Just plain black interior which I like for its minimalist clean look. I thought about Blackberry but couldn’t quite see it. I love traditional classic Porsche textiles and coloured leather interiors. So maybe I should have been braver!! Mamba often considered ‘brave’ wasn’t a hard choice as it looks so spectacular. I know this is controversial but exterior black and white and fifty shades of grey in between seem a shame when there are soo many great colours out there. It’s also criminal that Porsche have done away with many of the more interesting colours. I’m sure it’s a Porsche ploy to sell more PTS but then one would wait an eternity. I also like the fact that Porsche continue to invent colours which I’m sure wouldn’t be chosen normally, just in Taycan range you had Frozen Berry, mahogany Brown, cherry red, mamba, Neptune, crayon etc. All pretty different colours and not many would be specced from the PTS I suspect. So come on Porsche keep inventing colours!

OP
OP
Throb

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just plain black interior which I like for its minimalist clean look. I thought about Blackberry but couldn’t quite see it. I love traditional classic Porsche textiles and coloured leather interiors. So maybe I should have been braver!! Mamba often considered ‘brave’ wasn’t a hard choice as it looks so spectacular. I know this is controversial but exterior black and white and fifty shades of grey in between seem a shame when there are soo many great colours out there. It’s also criminal that Porsche have done away with many of the more interesting colours. I’m sure it’s a Porsche ploy to sell more PTS but then one would wait an eternity. I also like the fact that Porsche continue to invent colours which I’m sure wouldn’t be chosen normally, just in Taycan range you had Frozen Berry, mahogany Brown, cherry red, mamba, Neptune, crayon etc. All pretty different colours and not many would be specced from the PTS I suspect. So come on Porsche keep inventing colours!
I agree with what you're saying. It's a shame Porsche dropped Mamba. It's not even listed as PTS!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag

Also note that you would not be able to order carbon Interior trim if you go for the bespoke stitching option.

OP
OP
Throb

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also note that you would not be able to order carbon Interior trim if you go for the bespoke stitching option.
Would you not? I thought you'd just have to order and pay for it separately?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would you not? I thought you'd just have to order and pay for it separately?
I have the bespoke blue stitching on my GTS but could not order carbon interior trim to go with this.

OP
OP
Throb

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the bespoke blue stitching on my GTS but could not order carbon interior trim to go with this.

Interesting, I never realised that.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting, I never realised that.
I’d probably have ordered it if it was available, so it saved me some money and I’m very happy with the standard dark aluminium trim.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have both 😉
What? how?!
:angry:
On the configurator, as soon as you select the ‘Carbon Matt interior pack’ (£638) it forces you to change your other selection to one of the leather interiors.
Was it a DIY job?

Last edited:

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
What? how?!
:angry:
On the configurator, as soon as you select the ‘Carbon Matt interior pack’ (£638) it forces you to change your other selection to one of the leather interiors.
All that’s missing is the Gts on steering wheel
might unscrew one in the showroom🤣
Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_0374

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_0358

Porsche Taycan Throb's New Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (Mamba Green) IMG_0357