Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
How about some pictures of that Blackberry interior then?
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I'm really happy to see you finally got your car! I followed your Taycan order tracking adventures on here. I'm hoping to join the "I have a Taycan in my garage" club soon. I bet it's so much more fun than "I have a Taycan deposit receipt in my drawer" club I've been a member of for a year and half now.

PS> Are you telling me I'm going to have to enable Siri on my iPhone in order to use it with the Taycan? 😲

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I'm really happy to see you finally got your car! I followed your Taycan order tracking adventures on here. I'm hoping to join the "I have a Taycan in my garage" club soon. I bet it's so much more fun than "I have a Taycan deposit receipt in my drawer" club I've been a member of for a year and half now.

PS> Are you telling me I'm going to have to enable Siri on my iPhone in order to use it with the Taycan? 😲
I don’t really like CarPlay. I listen to Apple Music and podcast directly on pcm. I call with pcm en Hey Porsche call xyz. I don’t use Siri on my phone but it is active.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Understood.
I couldn’t recall - did you spec PDCC in your final configuration?
Yes.

I am still learning how to do things and have a few anomalies which I hope are me not car faults!
There is far more unnecessary frippery included in the spec than I need.

One thing, when I unlock the car the passenger side doors don’t always unlock so people can’t get in the passenger seat, but usually they do.

I need to waste time doing something to get CarPlay to link which probably means I won’t bother.

Oddly when I go to let my dog out of the back the tailgate open button does nothing, even though the car is unlocked. Weird inconvenient and pointless IMO.

OTOH I was expecting to be exasperated by pointless bollox on the car so not surprised :)

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems like it, may not bother with car play if so.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems like it, may not bother with car play if so.
I actually switched to an iPhone only this past summer primarily because I wanted to use wireless CarPlay in the Taycan (have been Windows Mobile, Blackberry, and Android user in the past). I disabled Siri when I was setting up the phone as I don't talk to my devices. Then again, if that's my only issue with the Taycan, I can live with that.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It’s a pitty…your dealer should make all necessary settings.
CarPlay is useful, it’s easy to connect iPhone with a car, but i don’t know if Siri is requred, since I had “her” from before.
Passenger’s door and tailgate button works for me, but i have comfort access.

Anyway: i’m looking forward to read your thoughts about PDCC.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Yes.

I am still learning how to do things and have a few anomalies which I hope are me not car faults!
There is far more unnecessary frippery included in the spec than I need.

One thing, when I unlock the car the passenger side doors don’t always unlock so people can’t get in the passenger seat, but usually they do.

I need to waste time doing something to get CarPlay to link which probably means I won’t bother.

Oddly when I go to let my dog out of the back the tailgate open button does nothing, even though the car is unlocked. Weird inconvenient and pointless IMO.

OTOH I was expecting to be exasperated by pointless bollox on the car so not surprised :)
From memory there is a setting that ensures the key only opens the driver side door for security reasons. You can change this to open all doors and tailgate and then a fob press should act more normally. I don’t have my car at the moment so can’t show you where but it’s in the cars settings under locking behaviour. Someone else may correct me.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
your dealer should make all necessary settings.
It was at the dealer setting up CarPlay that a message popped up saying I needed to engage Siri and I wasn’t sure how and was concerned about if it would change my phone usage, I don’t talk to gadgets, so I told her not to bother.

I may try again, I may not I am not sure what I would use CarPlay for anyway.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I disabled Siri when I was setting up the phone as I don't talk to my devices.
I found Siri very useful with AppleMusic, so i can keep my eyes/hands to drive.
Sometimes “she” doesn’t like my accent, but we are coming closer every day ;)

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From memory there is a setting that ensures the key only opens the driver side door for security reasons. You can change this to open all doors and tailgate and then a fob press should act more normally. I don’t have my car at the moment so can’t show you where but it’s in the cars settings under locking behaviour. Someone else may correct me.
Thanks, I’ll check but basically the key unlocked all 4 doors when I picked the car up but the first evening at my daughter’s house the handles flipped up on the passenger side but neither door would open, whereas the driver’s door and back seat passenger on driver’s side did.
I tried again when I got home and it opened all 4 doors again until this morning when unlocking it only popped th door handles on the driver’s side both passenger side handles were stiill flush.

OTOH of all the “innovations” to have come to cars in the last 40 years the ones I appreciate are central locking and sat-nav so they had better work.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I found Siri very useful with AppleMusic
I have a music library on my phone but cancelled my subscription to the Apple Music streaming service years ago because it was useless at searching classical music.
I will try with a music library on a USB drive and see how that is but music with a wide dynamic range is usually badly served by car audio because either the quiet bits are lost in the car noise of the loud bits are way beyond the capability of the speakers and my ears!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It was at the dealer setting up CarPlay that a message popped up saying I needed to engage Siri and I wasn’t sure how and was concerned about if it would change my phone usage, I don’t talk to gadgets, so I told her not to bother.

I may try again, I may not I am not sure what I would use CarPlay for anyway.
you have to enable Siri in Settings, then record your voice on the phone, so Siri will recognize you.
I don’t know how would Siri change your phone usage…but “she” can assist you…or not, if you are not going to call “hey Siri”…

I also use carplay for google maps when i’m going firet time to some new direction since it’s more reliable than Porsche map. But most of the time, i use carplay to play music from Apple, simply saying: hey Siri, play “album/song by …”

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I found Siri very useful with AppleMusic, so i can keep my eyes/hands to drive.
Sometimes “she” doesn’t like my accent, but we are coming closer every day ;)
I've never used Apple Music. All our Teslas have Slacker Plus built-in (part of Premium Connectivity package which has been free for all of our cars) and I have a collection of music on USB (which includes everything from classical music to relatively modern popular music), but I usually prefer the silence when driving - this is one of the main selling points of an EV for me (and a reason why I speced the noise insulated glass in my Taycan build).

As for you getting closer to Siri, well, I have noticed that our cyber overlords have been quietly training the human race to speak differently, as people change how they speak in order to be understood by the machines. Reminds me of a scene from a popular sitcom "Frasier" where one of the characters tries to navigate a banking phone service and is speaking to the phone over-articulating "per-so-nal" ;)
Sponsored