Harrica

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021 CT
Country flag
I also experience this issue. I think my problem is that I occasionally park my car in a very deep parkade which does not have cell reception. If I park for too long (a few days), the car will go into guest mode only for a day or 2, until I park it in the open for an extended period of time.
This happened to me earlier this week as well, although everything was grayed out for most of the day. Once I was able to get into guest mode, I pushed the guest name at the top of the PCM and was able to switch to my id. Yesterday and today all is well, so far.
Sponsored

Brian IRL

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW E30 Cabriolet, VW ID4
Country flag
This has started happening to me today. After having the first week of ownership with no connection to Porsche servers, it’s not filling me with confidence.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I also experience this issue. I think my problem is that I occasionally park my car in a very deep parkade which does not have cell reception. If I park for too long (a few days), the car will go into guest mode only for a day or 2, until I park it in the open for an extended period of time.
Precisely the same. 100%, if one clicks on guest at the top of PCM, own account is visible but greyed out

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Please let me know - that is the most expensive brake flush in the history of brakes. I am NOT going to pay that.
I will get it done by a reputable shop instead if they are planning to screw Taycan owners.

The tire sealant can be purchased here:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_I...mp25gVwvSJEq-8TnY7-XIOzYU8ptNbq4aAm4oEALw_wcB

And the pollen filter here:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/9j1pollen.html
$1000 and no tire sealant that gets replaced after 4 years for $149.
If you go somewhere else other Porsche will they honor your warranty?!

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
$1000 and no tire sealant that gets replaced after 4 years for $149.
If you go somewhere else other Porsche will they honor your warranty?!
I don't know but I'm tired of these excessive service charges. A big part of the reason I went with a Taycan was to escape them.

A brake flush should not cost $1000.

Benji_OOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan, '13 911, 01 911, e-tron, Tesla S75D
Country flag
I recently experienced this issue on my 2022. The solution ended up being having the service department redo the PDI/vehicle handover which seems to reset all the modules of the car. Everything started working after and it only took about 40 minutes.

andykapur

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Hi guys, We took delivery of a '22 Taycan 1/4/22 from a northern CA dealer. The SOS module was red. We were not able to log-in. We hardly really drove the car. I tried several times to log-in but it was stuck in guest mode. We received a base loaner Macan 1/21/22. The dealer said they tried resetting the PCM several times but that did not work. The dealer is still waiting for guidance from PCNA. my wife & I paid cash for the car. We are clearly frustrated. Any advice as to what to do? Should we hire an attorney to make a lemon law claim? Do you think they will buy-back the car and give us any cash compensation? Thanks, -Andy

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I am having some issues (lost the accounts option in the PCM menu) and was informed by my SA that the porsche connect is currently down and they dont expect it to be back up until next week.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi guys, We took delivery of a '22 Taycan 1/4/22 from a northern CA dealer. The SOS module was red. We were not able to log-in. We hardly really drove the car. I tried several times to log-in but it was stuck in guest mode. We received a base loaner Macan 1/21/22. The dealer said they tried resetting the PCM several times but that did not work. The dealer is still waiting for guidance from PCNA. my wife & I paid cash for the car. We are clearly frustrated. Any advice as to what to do? Should we hire an attorney to make a lemon law claim? Do you think they will buy-back the car and give us any cash compensation? Thanks, -Andy
Sorry this happened to you. Did you try the “terminal 30” reset discussed earlier in this thread?
A common experience among the members of this forum is that we have to point the dealerships to the solutions we find here, as for some reason they often can’t get this information from Porsche.

Last edited:

andykapur

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag

andykapur

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Hi Genau,
we did not try that, but I just got off the phone with a support manager at PCNA.
He was able to pull the history. He said the issue is a software issue on the back -end in Germany dealing with he Verizon sim card and a profile update. It was just escalated on 2.16.22 but we have not heard a response yet. Thanks. -Andy

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Genau,
we did not try that, but I just got off the phone with a support manager at PCNA.
He was able to pull the history. He said the issue is a software issue on the back -end in Germany dealing with he Verizon sim card and a profile update. It was just escalated on 2.16.22 but we have not heard a response yet. Thanks. -Andy
Send this to your dealer and asked them why the car was delivered with red SOS button when their service bulletin specifically said not to. This is a failure of PDI which we all paid good money for.

Porsche Taycan PCM stuck in Guest Mode Porsch

OP
OP

ketjupiter

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2021 Mini Cooper S, 2019 Raptor
Country flag
5 1/2 week in, and still stuck in private mode. I have tried every possible "fix" in an attempt to resolve the issue, with no luck, including 2 plus hours at a local dealer. I had my car flatbed to my originating dealer about an hour away to have them keep it until they fix it. I gave them my log in information/password/4 digit code and told them I do not want it back until it is fixed and they can log in with my account. If not, i am going to just sell it, its not worth the irritation every time i get into the car.

To be continued....

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
per my multiple emails on exactly the same issue, solution was to replace the over the air module. They can try resetting everything possible, it still will not work. That module needs to be replaced to get functionality back. All the best for a swift resolution.
Sponsored