ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just got my headlights tinted, hasn’t seen anyone do that yet, got the cling kind so you can take them off

F1E9F16B-8618-48B8-A9DE-DEA19203F423.png

31F44805-8872-4DC0-BDC2-89F018598FEB.png
Looks awesome, I also got a dark color, the Volcano Grey.
Did you happen to test how much it affects the light output for both day and night?

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Did you happen to test how much it affects the light output for both day and night?
I didn't, I probably should have, but I don't really drive it at night that much, seems pretty bright, I do have the standard lights and not the matrix, yeah love that volcano grey, almost went with that.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Almost had the front spoiler wrapped, in black, but will need to scuff the plastic, still might.. anyone else thought about doing that?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Almost had the front spoiler wrapped, in black, but will need to scuff the plastic, still might.. anyone else thought about doing that?
I was going to do some accent vinyl wrap on the front splitter, sider skirts, and rear diffuser. The installer said the material won't stick because of the texture on the plastic pieces. I don't want to scuff the plastic since it means it won't be reversible and will require ongoing care to keep it in mint condition. The front splitter is prone to rock and debris hitting it. Vinyl wrap is much thinner than PPF, so it seems like an endless cycle of having it redone. I decided to order a vanity plate instead.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
I did order the thermal glass and it’s the one item I might have changed. Think I would do just what you did @wemct. Car in production this week, finished tomorrow. BTW, you car looks great.
I have the thermal glass on my Macan and it's great. I still put tint on top of it for even more heat rejection since I park outside at work. It's very luxurious but it is a PITA in terms of cell phone signal and the gate to my neighborhood. Toll pass isn't an issue if you just place it in the right spot behind the mirror.

manojkoushik

First Name
Manoj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi all, hoping to get some advice from those that have got tinting done on their Taycan. I am thinking of doing it on my 4s but one tint shop told me that to tint the rear windshield, they would have to remove it. Is this true? I can't imagine why the windshield has to be removed to apply the film!

When I asked the dealership they said the computer is in the trim of the rear windshield and when applying the film the water used could short it, hence not advisable.

Any advice? are there any complications when tinting the rear windshield that I should be aware of? The manual does not seem to show any sensors on it.

thanks!
Manoj

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I was going to do some accent vinyl wrap on the front splitter, sider skirts, and rear diffuser. The installer said the material won't stick because of the texture on the plastic pieces. I don't want to scuff the plastic since it means it won't be reversible and will require ongoing care to keep it in mint condition. The front splitter is prone to rock and debris hitting it. Vinyl wrap is much thinner than PPF, so it seems like an endless cycle of having it redone. I decided to order a vanity plate instead.
Go see the guys at AP3 in Alpharetta. They will know what to do.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi all, hoping to get some advice from those that have got tinting done on their Taycan. I am thinking of doing it on my 4s but one tint shop told me that to tint the rear windshield, they would have to remove it. Is this true? I can't imagine why the windshield has to be removed to apply the film!

When I asked the dealership they said the computer is in the trim of the rear windshield and when applying the film the water used could short it, hence not advisable.

Any advice? are there any complications when tinting the rear windshield that I should be aware of? The manual does not seem to show any sensors on it.

thanks!
Manoj
I had the rear window tinted with 35% nano ceramic film. The installer did it without any issues. He did not need to remove the glass. The only thing he temporarily removed were the rear headrests to give himself more space. I also had the front windshield tinted with "clear" 75% nano ceramic film. No issues. A qualified installer will take steps to prevent the liquid used during the installation from seeping into the sensitive areas.

manojkoushik

First Name
Manoj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag

thanks!
Manoj
I also saw that someone tinted their front windshield as well (for heat rejection). Was this 70% transmission? And how does it affect night visibility?

Currently I am thinking of doing Vortex IR 70 for the front windshield, Vortex IR 25 for the front windows and Vortex IR 15 for the back windows and windshield

thanks!
Manoj
I had the rear window tinted with 35% nano ceramic film. The installer did it without any issues. He did not need to remove the glass. The only thing he temporarily removed were the rear headrests to give himself more space. I also had the front windshield tinted with "clear" 75% nano ceramic film. No issues. A qualified installer will take steps to prevent the liquid used during the installation from seeping into the sensitive areas.
Thanks so much! that's what I thought. I am going to call up the place I have used in the past and see for my model x.

For the front windshield how does 70% affect night visibility, if at all?

Currently I am thinking of doing Vortex IR 70 for the front windshield, Vortex IR 25 for the front windows and Vortex IR 15 for the back windows and windshield...

thanks!
Manoj

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also saw that someone tinted their front windshield as well (for heat rejection). Was this 70% transmission? And how does it affect night visibility?

Currently I am thinking of doing Vortex IR 70 for the front windshield, Vortex IR 25 for the front windows and Vortex IR 15 for the back windows and windshield

thanks!
Manoj

Thanks so much! that's what I thought. I am going to call up the place I have used in the past and see for my model x.

For the front windshield how does 70% affect night visibility, if at all?

Currently I am thinking of doing Vortex IR 70 for the front windshield, Vortex IR 25 for the front windows and Vortex IR 15 for the back windows and windshield...

thanks!
Manoj
Any thing between 70% and 80% for the front windshield looks clear. It looks like nothing is there. No issues with night vision. I have 35% on the side windows and the rear window. The nano ceramic really helps with the heat rejection through the windshield (and the other windows). The black steering wheel is not hot after sitting in the hot Atlanta sunshine.

manojkoushik

First Name
Manoj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Any thing between 70% and 80% for the front windshield looks clear. It looks like nothing is there. No issues with night vision. I have 35% on the side windows and the rear window. The nano ceramic really helps with the heat rejection through the windshield (and the other windows). The black steering wheel is not hot after sitting in the hot Atlanta sunshine.
Perfect! thanks!

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Isn’t anything above 20% legal in GA? I put 70% on the front windshield of my wife’s car and you can’t tell it is there.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Isn’t anything above 20% legal in GA? I put 70% on the front windshield of my wife’s car and you can’t tell it is there.
GA tint limit for light transmission is 32% for the side and rear, so 35% or higher is legal.
Sponsored