ColoradoTaycan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2015 GT3
Country flag
Curious do you have a rear view picture of the back tint, is it also 30%? I am curious how well the visibility is out the back with 30%, I am on the fence if I want to opt for darker to 20%
This is the best photo I have of the back window on my phone. Visibility is fine for me but I don't drive a lot at night honestly. It def helps a bit with headlights though at night.

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows IMG_3357
Sponsored

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
This is the best photo I have of the back window on my phone. Visibility is fine for me but I don't drive a lot at night honestly. It def helps a bit with headlights though at night.

IMG_3357.jpeg
Much appreciated! Just obsessing a bit over the minor details, about to take delivery in two weeks :)

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
@Wrtflyr Car looks sharp! I have always tinted my cars exactly as you did. 20% on the side and rear window and the front windshield strip. The strip on the windshield helps hide my V1 and Toll Transponder (and does not impact their use).

For mine, I am going to look into tinting the windshield and Pano roof with a tint that will reflect the heat, but not dark so that it is almost the same visibility as with no tint. FL here and the summer sun is very hot.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
@Wrtflyr
For mine, I am going to look into tinting the windshield and Pano roof with a tint that will reflect the heat, but not dark so that it is almost the same visibility as with no tint. FL here and the summer sun is very hot.
I would bother with pano roof glass. It's very good at blocking UV/heat even here in S. Florida in summer. Cabin stays very cool.
Strips on windshield's don't really do shit. Best to cover the entire windshield. Wincos or Autobahn i3 are great films.

https://madico.com/automotive/window-tint/wincos

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would bother with pano roof glass. It's very good at blocking UV/heat even here in S. Florida in summer. Cabin stays very cool.
Strips on windshield's don't really do shit. Best to cover the entire windshield. Wincos or Autobahn i3 are great films.

https://madico.com/automotive/window-tint/wincos
Great to hear that the pano roof does a decent job. I was thinking of doing the whole windshield, but I like the dark strip at the top just to keep my Valentine out of view.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great to hear that the pano roof does a decent job. I was thinking of doing the whole windshield, but I like the dark strip at the top just to keep my Valentine out of view.
Stays way cooler than my Tesla did. Can always do the entire windshield darker or light and add a second layer dark strip at the top.

Chedman13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL63 Brabus B63 Widestar, Awaiting Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Great thread.

I had no idea what nano ceramic was and now sold on getting it.

I'm going with XPEL PRIME XR PLUS: https://www.xpel.com/shop/window-film/automotive-window-tint

The most expensive tint at $595 for 4 windows and $350 for front windshield.

I'm torn between 20%, 30% or 35%. Installer is recommending 20% as their most popular. My other cars are SUV's and they have 50% in the front (too light), so 35% might be okay for me.

I'm doing 70% in the front windshield.

I really wanted to do the panoramic roof to see how that fairs, but not even an option. The installer (14 years experience) won't touch any sunroof or panoramic roof. Says he needs to spray too much water all over the car and also has concerns on it cracking under high-heat situations.

Many on this forum said it's not needed anyways, so there we go, forced to not do it and saves me money.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great thread.

I'm going with XPEL PRIME XR PLUS: https://www.xpel.com/shop/window-film/automotive-window-tint

I'm torn between 20%, 30% or 35%. Installer is recommending 20% as their most popular. My other cars are SUV's and they have 50% in the front (too light), so 35% might be okay for me.

I really wanted to do the panoramic roof to see how that fairs, but not even an option. The installer (14 years experience) won't touch any sunroof or panoramic roof. Says he needs to spray too much water all over the car and also has concerns on it cracking under high-heat situations.

Many on this forum said it's not needed anyways, so there we go, forced to not do it and saves me money.
I had the Xpel Prime XR Plus with 20% on all side and rear window. I did the 70% on the windshield and then a strip of 20% behind it to hide my Valentine and toll responder. Your prices were similar to mine.

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows TaycanPorsche

Last edited:

Chedman13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@PDACPA You actually give me a very good visual on what my car would look like... same color and wheels, except the barrels are black, added clear side markers and OEM decals.

Porsche Taycan Tinting Windows IMG_8844

I had the Xpel Prime XR Plus with 20% on all side and rear window. I did the 70% on the windshield and then a strip of 20% behind it to hide my Valentine and toll responder. Your prices were similar to mine.

TaycanPorsche.jpg

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@PDACPA You actually give me a very good visual on what my car would look like... same color and wheels, except the barrels are black, added clear side markers and OEM decals.

IMG_8844.jpg
Glad to help. I have only had the car 1 day so not many pictures yet. I have the clear side markers too (dealer tossed them on at no cost). I am debating the decals on the side. Are they silver or white? Since my barrels are silver/aluminum color, kind of want the decal to be the same color.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Great thread.

IMHO adding tint to the roof really isn't necessary however there are more than a few who tint their roof anyway. save your money and check your local laws regarding levels of tint.

Chedman13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Silver. I still don’t have my car, waiting on a module.

Glad to help. I have only had the car 1 day so not many pictures yet. I have the clear side markers too (dealer tossed them on at no cost). I am debating the decals on the side. Are they silver or white? Since my barrels are silver/aluminum color, kind of want the decal to be the same color.
Thanks, yes, 35% sides and rear is legal for sedans.

IMHO adding tint to the roof really isn't necessary however there are more than a few who tint their roof anyway. save your money and check your local laws regarding levels of tint.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great thread.

Xpel film is good. BTW, it's just windshield - not front windshield. ;)

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Nano ceramic is awesome for heat rejection. I have 35% on the sides and rear (75% on the windshield). With the black leather interior, the 35% is dark enough that I can leave items on the back seats that remain fairly well concealed.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nano ceramic is awesome for heat rejection. I have 35% on the sides and rear (75% on the windshield). With the black leather interior, the 35% is dark enough that I can leave items on the back seats that remain fairly well concealed.
Ceramic is wonderful. My Taycan has Autobahn ceramic i3 and the cabin stays cooler even in S. Florida summer and with pano roof. A/C never has to run at higher speeds. [15% all around - 22% windshield]
Sponsored