Tire pressure

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I have almost 10k miles on my wonderful taycan 4s, (19 inch wheels) and had a tire pressure warning, had not even looked at the tire pressure until now. Never had such a fancy car, almost thought it might air up its own tires the pressure was so consistent. Had been 34 on all tires. The read on the door is 39 in front and 38 in rear. My question, what is the optimum tire pressure for range summer and winter? And what is yours, thanks
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have almost 10k miles on my wonderful taycan 4s, (19 inch wheels) and had a tire pressure warning, had not even looked at the tire pressure until now. Never had such a fancy car, almost thought it might air up its own tires the pressure was so consistent. Had been 34 on all tires. The read on the door is 39 in front and 38 in rear. My question, what is the optimum tire pressure for range summer and winter? And what is yours, thanks
Hello from another Kentuckian. On my Turbo with 21" wheels, I noticed that the door label showed the inflation pressure for full load. You have to go into the PCM screen to get the partial load inflation pressure, which is what you should probably be driving, and it's quite possible 34 is the right answer. On the Turbo with 21", it's 38/38 partial, in the 40s with full load.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello from another Kentuckian. On my Turbo with 21" wheels, I noticed that the door label showed the inflation pressure for full load. You have to go into the PCM screen to get the partial load inflation pressure, which is what you should probably be driving, and it's quite possible 34 is the right answer. On the Turbo with 21", it's 38/38 partial, in the 40s with full load.
Thanks, i will do more digging, didn’t see the door label was for a full load. if your ever around the Lexington area, let me know, mine is the only taycan I have ever seen in this area

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
The manual tire pressure is apparently at 68F (20C) and for no load (driver).
The tire pressure on the door is for maximum load.
40 psi on all four tires is perfect for a partial load on the Turbo S and is what we use (the rear tires are below 40 psi with no load and above 40 psi for full load)
Sponsored