Tires, other options

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Also because the non US manufacturers would have an almost impossible time selling their faire if the prices were as high as they are in the rest of the world.... the American market would just go back to a multitude of American built cars..... So they literally lower the base price for the US, similar to what they also do in countries with super high luxury taxes such as Denmark and Belgium (at least in the 80-90s) So buying on export from those markets can be super advantageous.........
Not sure about that. By my calculations the Taycan is actually cheaper in UK...… As far as I can tell, your VAT on cars is 20% in UK, and the price in pounds includes VAT. So if you take the start price for the Taycan in UK at 83367 pounds that is $108718.90 - and includes 20% tax (giving a base price without tax at $90599). For comparison, the base Taycan in US starts at $103800. Even with a very low VAT in Minnesota (6.5%) it comes at $110547

Porsche Taycan Tires, other options upload_2020-1-15_19-48-26
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ah, ok thanks. That’s the puddle light. I was asking what the courtesy light looks like. Where is the light coming from and what does it look like? Is it a little light bulb under the mirror?

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
i
Ah, ok thanks. That’s the puddle light. I was asking what the courtesy light looks like. Where is the light coming from and what does it look like? Is it a little light bulb under the mirror?
it’s most probably an inconspicuous LED under the mirror to give you some light on the ground when you want to open the door or have just closed it. it is not the same as the puddle light which lights up under the door and gives you more light as you step in or out and 99% chance does not any logo in it........

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Not sure about that. By my calculations the Taycan is actually cheaper in UK...… As far as I can tell, your VAT on cars is 20% in UK, and the price in pounds includes VAT. So if you take the start price for the Taycan in UK at 83367 pounds that is $108718.90 - and includes 20% tax (giving a base price without tax at $90599). For comparison, the base Taycan in US starts at $103800. Even with a very low VAT in Minnesota (6.5%) it comes at $110547

upload_2020-1-15_19-48-26.png
i guess times have changed specially in the UK. in the 80s i lived in Cambridge and had it as a small business with in the friends circles to import grey market cars from belgium and denmark and then adding the local tax and duties and was still able to undersell the dealers with a good margin for me and my friends..... I guess the Big Mac effect has kneeled into car pricing as well...... :)

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag

upload_2020-1-15_19-48-26.png
Hi pal

Is the US price the standard one or does it include the the compulsory extras? Ie pano roof and larger battery?
Also in the US you get additional standard items that the UK have to pay for ie heated seats

Robert Q

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes it is a normal light to give you better access to the car. It does not have the logo. Be careful to order both or you will have two lights and one might drown the other out. I prefer the courtesy light over the puddle but it is your car to configure so do what pleases you. I saw the PORSCHE puddle and I thought it looked odd.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Hi pal

Is the US price the standard one or does it include the the compulsory extras? Ie pano roof and larger battery?
Also in the US you get additional standard items that the UK have to pay for ie heated seats
Price does not include the glass roof or the larger battery - these are forced options that you have to pay for.

Here is the picture from the website ($103800) and below the configurator price just as you launch it ($114340) - as you can see you have already "opted" for $9190 worth of equipment

As far as I can tell the only thing that is included is the heat pump (thank you for the find :))

Porsche Taycan Tires, other options upload_2020-1-16_18-38-20

Porsche Taycan Tires, other options upload_2020-1-16_18-39-2

Jack P

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla models
Country flag
does upgrading to 20 inch wheels create any issues?

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
does upgrading to 20 inch wheels create any issues?
Only in your wallet :)

Surprisingly, when selecting the 20" Taycan aero wheels on the Porsche UK range estimator, they appear more efficient. Not sure I buy that given the increase in tire size....

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Only in your wallet :)

Surprisingly, when selecting the 20" Taycan aero wheels on the Porsche UK range estimator, they appear more efficient. Not sure I buy that given the increase in tire size....
Also upgrade of the wheels to the 20" tempts you to then upgrade to the PSCB to go be better performance less dust and no rust. I know that because I keep considering it.

OP
OP

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For what it’s worth, after adding in a list of options that approached half the sticker price of the car, I reigned myself in and reverted back to the stock wheels... And then added back the performance package with the money “saved”. ;-)

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
When you change the configurator here in Europe, the km per charge changes!
Data for 4s 93,4 kWh battery
19” is 462km combined
20” Turbo is 467km
20” 4s is 461km
21” mission e 421km
21” aero with white/yellow calibers 420km
21” aero with red calibers 424km

so no change from 19 to 20” rims
But a close to 10% loss going to 21”
But the 21 looks so good

Last edited: