First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf R Estate, 205 GTI, Taycan ST 4S
Country flag
Hi all

I've recently locked my order and received an email from Porsche saying I can track my build in the App.

I've followed the instructions and set up an account, but only can add a vehicle using a VIN number.

Am I missing something? My sales agent hasn't been particularly helpful apart from the comment, "Ah, perhaps it's currently broken".

Paul
Sponsored

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
It is working as far as I know. The tracking process depends on what stage you are on. I was on stage 3 for nearly 4 months.
The VIN will appear only when the car is produced at stage 4.

The tracking is more of a guide, don’t get too fixated on it. The dealer will give you more information on when the car will be made and then get shipped.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi all

I've recently locked my order and received an email from Porsche saying I can track my build in the App.

I've followed the instructions and set up an account, but only can add a vehicle using a VIN number.

Am I missing something? My sales agent hasn't been particularly helpful apart from the comment, "Ah, perhaps it's currently broken".

Paul
The app isn't broken nor is it worth getting excited over either IMHO.

Simply shows 5 stages from order to delivery. Stage 1 being "Thank you for your order".

Porsche Taycan Track my Porsche not working? Screenshot_20230127-105533_My Porsche

old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Hi all

Paul
My Porsche - I believe how it works

Stage 1 - happens when you’re allocated a build slot - so for me deposit late March 22 and build slot allocated mid June 22, that is when thank you for order appeared , with Stage 1 now available on app
Stage 2 - invitation to driving experience followed in June 22
Stage 3 - Scheduled for production - for me scheduled appeared 08 Dec, then VIN allocated 19 Jan, with production line scheduled for 02 Feb (from SA)
Stage 4 vehicle produced
Stage 5 final steps before delivery

So as I understand you wont see anything on the app until your build slot is allocated, at stage 3 scheduled for production appears then some time later VIN allocated, as your order is about to start its production.
As with all Porsche build/delivery it can all be taken with pinch of salt.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My Porsche - I believe how it works

Stage 1 - happens when you’re allocated a build slot - so for me deposit late March 22 and build slot allocated mid June 22, that is when thank you for order appeared , with Stage 1 now available on app
Stage 2 - invitation to driving experience followed in June 22
Stage 3 - Scheduled for production - for me scheduled appeared 08 Dec, then VIN allocated 19 Jan, with production line scheduled for 02 Feb (from SA)
Stage 4 vehicle produced
Stage 5 final steps before delivery

So as I understand you wont see anything on the app until your build slot is allocated, at stage 3 scheduled for production appears then some time later VIN allocated, as your order is about to start its production.
As with all Porsche build/delivery it can all be taken with pinch of salt.
Stage 1 is order acceptance (Thank you for your order) so you will see something and will sit for quite some weeks at stage 2 before progressing.

None of this requires a VIN but does require the dealer to physically submit the factory order to kick start the process.

Payment of deposits etc has no impact or bearing here either.

Allocation, build lock and order submission are key sequences.

OP
OP

PA4022

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the responses. I've received the Thank you for your order email but nothing is showing yet.

I'll leave it a week or so then pick up with my sales person.

kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
Before anything can happen, I think you need to get your SA to associate your order with the account you recently set up in My Porsche app.

OP
OP

PA4022

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Before anything can happen, I think you need to get your SA to associate your order with the account you recently set up in My Porsche app.

Thanks, in which case I'll reach out to see if they can do that for me.
Sponsored