Track Your Dream Update

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Greetings all,

I have a GTS on order, and up until this morning, I had a MY22 build that was accepted by TYD a couple of months ago. I had a production code and everything, but all of the milestone dates said TBD (due to the war, supply shortages, etc.). However, today I received an additional email from Porsche stating "congratulations on your new Taycan" and it presented me with a link to TYD as if I didn't have a slot before. I clicked the link and I now have a MY23 with a different production code, and actual milestone date estimates. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I'm in NE USA if that helps.
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Instead of using the new link, log into the USA Porsche Portal [https://login.porsche.com/login/us/en_US] with your username and password and click on Track Your Dream (TYD).

I suggest you talk to your Sales Associate (SA) pronto to get to the bottom of this. I think the SAs have access to more details than TYD. Ensure every detail of your build is still honored at the same price you agreed to* because the MY23 prices are higher than MY22. Good luck!

*I read on the UK thread that it's possible for the price to increase after paying the deposit but fortunately haven't heard of it happening in the USA yet.

OP
OP
Atipical

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I just heard from my SA. Apparently Porsche has just announced (to them) that they are resuming Taycan production. Since they're resuming, all last-minute MY22 cars have been converted to MY23 configs so that explains it. I was hoping to get out of that 3k price hike but I'm more thankful that I now know when my car is getting here.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
I just heard from my SA. Apparently Porsche has just announced (to them) that they are resuming Taycan production. Since they're resuming, all last-minute MY22 cars have been converted to MY23 configs so that explains it. I was hoping to get out of that 3k price hike but I'm more thankful that I now know when my car is getting here.
What was your 'original' production date? Trying to figure out what porsche considers last minute/eg what the cut off is for orders to be converted to a MY23. Thanks

asonwani

First Name
Abhishek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7
Country flag
+1. I am experiencing the same issue. My configuration disappeared and when I try to add it, it is asking me to move it to MY23. Also noticed the Premium package is $160 cheaper than MY22. And thats because they took out the electronic steering column adjustmet. On the configurator, it now explicitly says steering column will be manually adjustable.

Porsche Taycan Track Your Dream Update Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 10.27.43 AM

Porsche Taycan Track Your Dream Update Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 10.29.46 AM

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I had a June allocation that was supposedly to be built in the July/Aug timeframe.
Yeah, it seems like the original June builds (before delays) might be around the last 2022 models being built in this case. Mine got pushed back to a July production date after TYD updated

May also somewhat depend on model - since mine is an RWD, it seems that's the one that gets built most from what I'm seeing. Probably followed by 4S sedans. CTs in general appear to be very limited, as well as GTS and Turbos

OP
OP
Atipical

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think a lot of it might be due to the ongoing shortages in parts that are standard in the upper trims (GTS/turbo/S) that aren't in RWD and 4S models, like LED-matrix lights, or the electronic steering column. However TYD refuses to take my B-pillar in Race-Tex option. That's one option that I really wanted so to cover up that ugly plastic but clearly Porsche doesn't want to or can't fulfill that option right now.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
  • Freeze Date 4/30 New: 6/27
  • Scheduled for Production: 6/10 New: 7/15
  • Start Production: 7/8 New: 8/26
  • Production Complete: 7/15 New: 9/2
  • Ready for Transport: 7/15 New: 9/2
  • In Transit to Emden Port: 7/15 New: 9/2
  • Arrival to Emden Port: 7/15 New: 9/9
  • On Vessel: 7/22 New: 9/16
  • Vessel Entering Port Channel: 8/5 New: 9/30
  • Entry Port: 8/5 New: 9/30
  • Port Processing: 8/5 New: 9/30
  • En Route to Dealer 8/19 New: 10/14
  • Arrival at Dealer 8/19 New: 10/14

Just to keep things organized, here are my date changes.

My dealer really didn't have any information. He's a nice guy and easy to work with, but man he never has an answer! He just said yea looks like you got pushed back. He's going to try and see if the financial manager can shave some off the MSRP since it was not the agreed upon price.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag

My dealer really didn't have any information. He's a nice guy and easy to work with, but man he never has an answer! He just said yea looks like you got pushed back. He's going to try and see if the financial manager can shave some off the MSRP since it was not the agreed upon price.
This is now a 2023 build? My Start Production new date is now 7/8, so if so, looks like the cutoff is sometime between 7/8 and 8/26 builds. Probably bracketing the summer holiday shutdown from 7/31 to mid august that happens at the factory every year

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

I’m don’t think they get any useful information from the mother ship.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
This is now a 2023 build? My Start Production new date is now 7/8, so if so, looks like the cutoff is sometime between 7/8 and 8/26 builds. Probably bracketing the summer holiday shutdown from 7/31 to mid august that happens at the factory every year
Yes, 2023

OP
OP
Atipical

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
On a related note, has anyone's build had All-Season tires been automatically added? Once TYD updated I noticed that on my build. Was expecting summer rubber.
Sponsored