Try Power Steering Plus with F.O.D.

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
I’m sure I read that you could try a Function on Demand feature prior to purchasing. I want to try Power Steering Plus but their is only an option to purchase it outright on the Porsche Connect Store.

ideally I would like to try it first to see what difference it makes.

Is there a trial or monthly option?
Sponsored

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
All Taycans come standard with Power Steering Plus even the base model with 0 options.

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All Taycans come standard with Power Steering Plus even the base model with 0 options.
Unfortunately that’s not the case in the UK. It’s an option.

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
From my understanding you shouldn't be splitting hairs on it too much. If you're getting RAS, then you won't feel much of a difference at all. However if you aren't spec'ing RAS then it will help turning assist in lower speeds.

RAS is considered by many to be the first 'must have' performance feature, outside of the performance battery. Since RAS will be used in both daily and spirited driving styles.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No trial period.

It's worth having - speed sensitive steering - stiffer at speed and lighter at slow speeds or parking.

Next time around always check that box - cheaper and a must have.

Bundled with RAS and behaves in the same way.

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From my understanding you shouldn't be splitting hairs on it too much. If you're getting RAS, then you won't feel much of a difference at all. However if you aren't spec'ing RAS then it will help turning assist in lower speeds.

RAS is considered by many to be the first 'must have' performance feature, outside of the performance battery. Since RAS will be used in both daily and spirited driving styles.
Thanks so much. This is very helpful!

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Next time around always check that box - cheaper and a must have.

Bundled with RAS and behaves in the same way.
I know!

This is my first Porsche (well kind of) - when we ordered this I tried to research as many features as possible prior to ticking the boxes. As it stands I finished with almost £30k of options on my RWD! I knew I had to stop ticking ?

I posted recently about which options I now would and wouldn’t choose.

After delays with my delivery, my wife fell in love with 911s (well the truth is it has for a long time been her dream car). We ended up buying one off the peg. It has Rear Wheel Steering and I believe Power Steering Plus.

The 4S my dealership lent me for a few weeks prior to me receiving my RWD last week really made me see which features I should and should not have spec’d. It was fully loaded. The steering at speed did feel somewhat more planted but I had put this down to it being 4WD with the extra motor on the front. Interestingly, I read posts on a thread yesterday where those who have driven both have stated the opposite.

I will just buy it and see.

Eddie

First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I tried to add the feature using the connect services. It did not work and is stuck in a permanent state of "activating". Porsche have been investigating why this does not work for the last two months and they "are unable to provide a timeframe on a resolution".

In my experience this is in line with the level of service you get from Porsche UK, so am not surprised. So please don't rely on connect working for you, spec it when you order it.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I know!

This is my first Porsche (well kind of) - when we ordered this I tried to research as many features as possible prior to ticking the boxes. As it stands I finished with almost £30k of options on my RWD! I knew I had to stop ticking ?

I posted recently about which options I now would and wouldn’t choose.

After delays with my delivery, my wife fell in love with 911s (well the truth is it has for a long time been her dream car). We ended up buying one off the peg. It has Rear Wheel Steering and I believe Power Steering Plus.

The 4S my dealership lent me for a few weeks prior to me receiving my RWD last week really made me see which features I should and should not have spec’d. It was fully loaded. The steering at speed did feel somewhat more planted but I had put this down to it being 4WD with the extra motor on the front. Interestingly, I read posts on a thread yesterday where those who have driven both have stated the opposite.

I will just buy it and see.
'Planting' in this instance will be the firmness of the steering particularly when in Sport mode - more resistance to turning, your 911 most likely has it.

Obviously it should be standard but you know how that goes!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Any updates on this?
I have seen it in the connect store (£299 iirc) and was thinking if getting it.

Is it still a recommended option and did OTA update work for anyone?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I always add PSP to my Porsches - it's a default tick for me and significantly enhances driving feel and makes parking a doddle.

Not tried FoD and had this option factory fitted.

Give it a whirl, you won't be disappointed.

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any updates on this?
I have seen it in the connect store (£299 iirc) and was thinking if getting it.

Is it still a recommended option and did OTA update work for anyone?
Sorry for the delayed reply - I’ve been of of here for a while!

I bought it but do you know what? I don’t notice any difference! I have wondered if the activation actually worked. I don’t know how to even tell.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I got a Black Friday email from Porsche today for 21% off at the Connect Store and I am still wondering whether to go for this or not?

Any experience - particularly RWD as I tend to find the standard steering excellent.
But I am just wondering if this will improve it much??

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I got a Black Friday email from Porsche today for 21% off at the Connect Store and I am still wondering whether to go for this or not?

Any experience - particularly RWD as I tend to find the standard steering excellent.
But I am just wondering if this will improve it much??
Go for it!

Can't you still try before you buy or is it purchase only?

You will not be disappointed (plus I'm keen to see if anything FOD works :blush:).

Lighter at low speeds (parking), more resistance at speed, tightens when your press 'SPORT'

So make haste and push the button!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Go for it!

Can't you still try before you buy or is it purchase only?

You will not be disappointed (plus I'm keen to see if anything FOD works :blush:).

Lighter at low speeds (parking), more resistance at speed, tightens when your press 'SPORT'

So make haste and push the button!
This is the current deal. Can no longer see free trial option.

It was £299 before - so I am assuming that's the price before discount?

Main reason I am still on the fence is I don't really want the steering any lighter at low speeds. Heavier at higher speeds - possibly.
Porsche Taycan Try Power Steering Plus with F.O.D. Screenshot_20211126-134346_Chrome
Sponsored