Turbo bumper & side skirts paint colors

Which paint color(s) should I utilize for my bumper and side skirt upgrade?

• turbo bumper frozen blue and red, side skirts frozen blue and red

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
CarbonTax

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Good tidings, Could the stock dark Front Lip and Side Skirts at any point be painted on a mission to match my vehicle tone? I see that Suncoast sells OEM and "workable" substitutions?
from what I understand, the stock black plastic lip and side skirts due to their matte finish are not effectively paintable, although I believe I've seen some experimentation on other threads...

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Color's extremely subjective, but I think the red is an overly harsh contrast to the frozen blue. There's also a risk of an "uncanny valley" effect if you try to match the factory frozen blue with an aftermarket product, where the slightest difference will look very magnified.

So I would stick with black. Your car is beautiful as it is.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The pictures where the parts are painted different colors makes it look like you went to a junk yard to buy used parts from parted out wrecks and installed them on your car.

OP
OP
CarbonTax

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
attempting to approximate the fascia of a short-lived former Huracan, but appreciate the junkyard/photoshop critique nonetheless

Last edited:

OP
OP
CarbonTax

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Color's extremely subjective, but I think the red is an overly harsh contrast to the frozen blue. There's also a risk of an "uncanny valley" effect if you try to match the factory frozen blue with an aftermarket product, where the slightest difference will look very magnified.

So I would stick with black. Your car is beautiful as it is.
Thanks for your comment, Violuma
This project contains only Porsche OE product, my body shop is Porsche authorized, primed parts painted frozen blue and installed next month, weather permitting.

Last edited:

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Thanks for your comment, Violuma
This project contains only Porsche OE product, my body shop is Porsche authorized, primed parts painted frozen blue and installed next month, weather permitting.
I hope it turns out to your satisfaction.
Sponsored