TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Thank you, really pleased from what I have seen but not picked her up yet as I am having a new drivway laid which finishes on Tuesday so will pick it up on Tuesday evening. From the photos it looks just like paint..
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Did you get the whole car done with Expel? I’ve got a meeting with the expel guy on Wednesday to discuss.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had to replay that video on Instagram again, that guy has done an outstanding job on that car. Congratulations.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Did you get the whole car done with Expel? I’ve got a meeting with the expel guy on Wednesday to discuss.
Hi Gogs,

No, Expel is a paint protection film (PPF). The product used on my car is called Clarity Coat. This is a sprayable paint protection system (PPS) that can also be used to change the colour of a car or parts of a car specifically.

The advantage is that there are no visible edge and no blades or cutting involved. PPF eventually goes yellow after multiple washes but PPS is just like paint. It can be polished, ceramic coated etc and it clings to plastic too. Vinyl wraps and PPF do not cling to plastic.

My car had the plastic bits i chose in Jet Black Metallic (Porsche paint code) coloured PPS and then the entire car was protected with clear film PPS and then ceramic coated with a new product called Wax is Dead for which I am hearing great things about (I have previously always used Gtechniq but gave this a go this time).

Everything done to my car is fully reversible. At any time it can be taken off without any damage whatsoever. In fact the car's original paintwork is completely protected!

https://claritycoat.com/

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No Gogs

Hi Gogs,

No, Expel is a paint protection film (PPF). The product used on my car is called Clarity Coat. This is a sprayable paint protection system (PPS) that can also be used to change the colour of a car or parts of a car specifically.

The advantage is that there are no visible edge and no blades or cutting involved. PPF eventually goes yellow after multiple washes but PPS is just like paint. It can be polished, ceramic coated etc and it clings to plastic too. Vinyl wraps and PPF do not cling to plastic.

My car had the plastic bits i chose in Jet Black Metallic (Porsche paint code) coloured PPS and then the entire car was protected with clear film PPS and then ceramic coated with a new product called Wax is Dead for which I am hearing great things about (I have previously always used Gtechniq but gave this a go this time).

Everything done to my car is fully reversible. At any time it can be taken off without any damage whatsoever. In fact the car's original paintwork is completely protected!

https://claritycoat.com/

Wow. Nearest place to me in Manchester for that. Mmm, you got me wondering, thanks!

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Clarity coat looks nice! But there seem to be very few places that do it. Their website only lists 7 installers in the world, one of which is Auto Forensics, where tayc4n went.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If anyone has experience with a more widely available PPS product that you can get professionally installed, pls let us know! A quick google search just turned up a bunch of DIY products, which I’m not interested in.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Dave, I looked long and hard in to this and Clarity Coat is the best product on the market today. Many companies prefer to use PPF over PPS as it is a few hours job and much easier to do and more profitable for the business.

The PPS process when done properly takes a week and a lot of man power to do. PPS is at least 170-180um in thickness compared to PPFs standard of 100microns so it is nearly double the thickness so more durable.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Looks good mate. Pretty sure you won the lottery at some point lol Brand new taycan, new driveway and now this lol

Comgratz though :)