B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
You do get under door lights but the led puddle lights are extra. Also puddle lights in door mirrors.
I have only lights in mirrors, but those are not useful since open door prevents beam…
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I thought the PMCC for US had recently been upgraded to 19.2kW (originally 9.6kW) - 22kW UK?
no mobile charger in north america can be more than 9.6 kw - limits of plug types limited to 50 amps

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
no mobile charger in north canbe more than 9.6 kw - limits of plug types limited to 50 amps
if you want more than 9.6 kw it must be a hard wired charger - non-mobile - porsche wall charger can do more than 50 amps

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
one thing I would add is the 19.2 kW - it really should be a part of the build as standard, and your dealer will often not understand the impact in adding it.
in north america this is largely a waste unless you install a 100 amp chatger at home - very rare to find more than 30 amps (6kw) for public charging in us/north-america

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
in north america this is largely a waste unless you install a 100 amp chatger at home - very rare to find more than 30 amps (6kw) for public charging in us/north-america
I don't know if I would call it rare. If anything nothing is installed and they just need to allocate the space in the box, or (like me) it was installed because of the previous Tesla charger. You must have had to do at least as much for your solar (I have that too).

Anyone who had a Tesla charger installed would have typically had at least a 50A connection. I had an 80A. Sure makes an improvement in the home L2 charge rate.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ta
I don't know if I would call it rare. If anything nothing is installed and they just need to allocate the space in the box, or (like me) it was installed because of the previous Tesla charger. You must have had to do at least as much for your solar (I have that too).

Anyone who had a Tesla charger installed would have typically had at least a 50A connection. I had an 80A. Sure makes an improvement in the home L2 charge rate.
taycan standard charger is 48 amps (60 amp breaker) - so the 19.2 kw option will only come int play for 70/80/90/100 amp breakers - which are far less common given that most residential homes have 125 amps or less service for the entire home service

encountering an l2 charger more than. 48 amps away from home will be possible but uncommon - i know some on the west coast but most are 40 amps or less

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Also, 50A outlet running at 40A provides easily enough for an overnight recharge in nearly all cases. I typically drop to 22% and back to 85% and this takes approximately 7 hours.

corrected.

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, 50A outlet running at 48A provides easily enough for an overnight recharge in nearly all cases. I typically drop to 22% and back to 85% and this takes approximately 7 hours.
50 amp breaker = 40 amp max charge rate
60 amp breaker = 48 amp max charge rate

given building/electrical code derating for EV chargers

the PMC+/PMCC are maximum 40 amp EV chargers on a 50 amp breaker

charging rates in excess of 40 amps require a non-mobile hardwired EV charger like the Porsche Wall Charger, clipper creek, charge point etc…

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag

charging rates in excess of 40 amps require a non-mobile hardwired EV charger like the Porsche Wall Charger, clipper creek, charge point etc…
My bad, I meant running 40 on a nema-50. Thank you for spotting the mistake. rest of my numbers are legit ;)

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Or Tesla L2 charger which are all hardwired...Im in CA so not uncommon. Tesla's are more common here than a Honda.

porcha

First Name
H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a very similar build... the only thing I wish I had was Comfort Access...

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I think it's a pretty good and reasonable high end spec. Changes I'd make to make it ~$185k:
  • Remove tech package, and just do LCA/ACC+ALK. I'm not huge into the HUD and esp. the 3rd screen
  • Remove Chalk Seatbelts - not because they don't look nice but because I find lighter colored seatbelts look dirty pretty quick and are hard to clean (we have them on our Lexus GX460)
  • Add Race-tex B Pillars (as others have said, otherwise this will appear as hard plastic)
  • Remove Door Trim Package in Leather. From what I can tell, it adds leather in places that aren't visible at all. The leather interior upgrade you already have covers most of the visible door (besides lower storage area panel from what I can tell, which will be kicked anyways when exiting the car) https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/question-on-option-for-door-trim-package-in-leather.6022/
  • The Burmester personally doesn't seem to be worth it for me over the Bose. But I'm not a huge audiophile and also generally feel it's hard to make car audio sound as good as headphones or a home system, regardless of system
  • Remove mobile charger connect as others have mentioned
Other personal preference aesthetic things:
  • I like the sport design front fascia but not as big a fan of the rest of the package - I'd take just the front fascia, though in truth I find the $3.6k pricetag hard to justify just to get a different fascia
  • I also would prefer the wheels in the standard silver surround vs. chalk matched, but that's just me

Draman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Would love some feedback on this build. What am I missing? What’s dumb? What could be better?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN386N17
My build is extremely similar to yours other than colors (Carrara White over Limestone Beige, and Graphite Blue seat belts for me). Other than that, I went for aluminum interior trim to add some contrast, comfort access for convenience and I don't have the Sport design package (high gloss black instead, don't love the sport design personally). I love the car but at the price I paid I sometimes regret not going for the Turbo S instead. All in all I think it's a great build, just don't have regrets like I sometimes do. I think you'll love it either way though!

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
I have a 2020 Turbo, Dolomite silver with red interior.

Very similar options other than the Burmeister (didn't feel it was worth the money)
I have the Sport Design sides but didn't care for the front look.

Obviously personal preference.
Great vehicle after almost 2 years and 10,000 miles!
Sponsored