Tyre Pressure Control Fault

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
MY21 4S.

Not a happy customer- this will now be the 3rd time I’ll have to go back to my dealer OPC Glasgow in 2 weeks!

1. Threaded connections on chassis -safety Recall (got letter a few days after already been at the OPC for the Software update on my 21 4S)
2. They took the car for the day then said they need it for longer 4 days as main HV battery needs to be removed for recall – bookend back in again.
3. Picked it up Friday and now get the Tyre Pressure Control Fault error!

I’ve tried resetting the tyres (20” Summer) to other sizes to reset and learn - 20” Winter, 21” summer etc still no joy, have been on an extended drive 30 miles or so to learn, no joy and the display changes from “measuring” to the Tyre Pressure Control Fault in Pic.

I’ll be phoning dealership again tomorrow, will be asking to speak to the Service Manager the above just shows complete lack of QA on their work on A) obviously either not connecting/syncing the TPMS or B) damaging it as part of the other recall work.

It does make you wonder what other things they’ve “forgotten” to check?

Anyone have any other ideas to try and fix myself without the pain/hassle of yet another trip to the dealer?

Porsche Taycan Tyre Pressure Control Fault TPM
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sorry, no clues from me. You’ve done the basics so looks like you have no option but to go back to OPC. Agree it is a real pain and never convenient.

Have you tried deflating, reinflating and then reset (no reason this would work)?

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry, no clues from me. You’ve done the basics so looks like you have no option but to go back to OPC. Agree it is a real pain and never convenient.

Have you tried deflating, reinflating and then reset (no reason this would work)?
I didn't deflate fully, but did take out some air- I'd guess maybe 5-10 PSI then re-inflated , reset and went for a drive yesterday as part of my own troubleshoot - didn't solve the issue.

It's booked back in on Friday with an appointment with the Service Manager too for him to explain to me their QA checks...or lack of!

rdjalexander

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

hi guys

I had the same problem and took my car in today where it was confirmed that a recall was active to resolve the TPMS issue so it has now been officially recognised - all this faffing about selecting different tires and waiting 30 miles for the system to learn should hopefully be addressed

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
hi guys

I had the same problem and took my car in today where it was confirmed that a recall was active to resolve the TPMS issue so it has now been officially recognised - all this faffing about selecting different tires and waiting 30 miles for the system to learn should hopefully be addressed
interesting, when I took mine back in with the issue, no mention of a recall. They were able to fix it, in the dealerships words by “manually reprogramming all the TPMS sensors agin” I translate that as re-synching them back up-to the car. Anyway, it did fix the issue and fingers crossed the car has been trouble free since ?

rdjalexander

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
interesting, when I took mine back in with the issue, no mention of a recall. They were able to fix it, in the dealerships words by “manually reprogramming all the TPMS sensors agin” I translate that as re-synching them back up-to the car. Anyway, it did fix the issue and fingers crossed the car has been trouble free since ?
I think it’s a very new recall as he said to me that the letters haven’t even been sent out yet and he couldn’t even charge Porsche GB for the works, so in the future I will receive a letter about a recall that’s already been done, and then he can send the bill - madness

Freakzilla9

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche cayenne hybrid
Country flag
I didn't deflate fully, but did take out some air- I'd guess maybe 5-10 PSI then re-inflated , reset and went for a drive yesterday as part of my own troubleshoot - didn't solve the issue.

It's booked back in on Friday with an appointment with the Service Manager too for him to explain to me their QA checks...or lack of!
Any update on what happened with your issue ? Has it been resolved ? And if yes how did they resolve it ?

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Presume this is a dealer only fix? No one got a work around? Lost a couple of psi so tyre pressure warning came on. Put a little air in now have tyre control fault. Tried changing tyre type in settings, no joy. Says it’s learning but doesn’t then fault comes up!

Porsche Taycan Tyre Pressure Control Fault 4CB1E7AE-C2E3-4FF8-AE24-DC1EB3799D0F

TaycanTurboUK

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, i8 going soon
Country flag
I have just had my Tubo back from an issue with the lost of heating, again known fault, took them 4 days and did a load of other 'recall' updates at the same time.

Changed from 20" winter back to 21" summer wheels yesterday and now have the above issue and can't clear it. When I put the winters on it calibrated fine, so looks like it will be going back in again and doesn't look like it is something that gets fixed automatically when they update other stuff.
Sponsored