OP
OP

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
if you can please ask your dealer for a porsche version number or service advisory number - if your dealer says there is an update availble, they should have some concrete reference via porsche service bulletins that will have software version details.
Just heard back from the dealer. The update is WMA6 and I understand that I will receive a letter from Porsche UK shortly. The car is going in on Saturday.

OP
OP

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I must say that some of you are too cynical!
Yes - there have been a lot of teething issues with the Taycan, but I genuinely believe Porsche is trying to address them. My dealership just sent me the following letter template.

Porsche Taycan

VIN:

Software updates for various control units

The high quality of our vehicles over their entire service life is one of the core values of the Porsche brand and contributes significantly to the fascination for our products. To ensure the reliability of our vehicles in the long term, we carry out continuous quality analyses.

Your Porsche Taycan, with its innovative overall concept, is optimally equipped for the future of mobility.

As a result of the continued analysis, we are pleased to be able to provide you a software update for your Taycan which will incorporate the latest developments and system improvements into your vehicle.

Among other things, the software update includes improvements for Porsche Communication Management (PCM), charging functions and driving comfort. Further information on these improvements can be found below.

What should you do?

Please contact your preferred Porsche Centre as soon as possible to arrange to have the necessary work completed as a priority. It is now also easy to schedule your workshop appointment online from your My Porsche app.

You can continue to drive the vehicle without restrictions at any time.

Functions, such as smart charging, require interaction between the vehicle and the charger. We would ask you therefore to bring your Porsche Mobile Charger Connect with you to the workshop visit so that we can update it to the new software version as well. If you subscribe to the Porsche Car Security Package service, before you your vehicle goes to the Porsche Centre, please ensure you have activated “Service mode”

What will we do to your vehicle?

Your Porsche Centre will install the software update during the workshop visit. This will require up to 4 hours to complete and will of course be free of charge. As a result of the software update, the system may lose a number of your personal settings. You will need to reset these systems with your required settings.

What new features are included in the software update?

• Charging
    • Home charging, including with third-party charging equipment, will be improved.
    • Stability during charging is improved and the timer charging function is further optimised.
    • Chassis and driving comfort
    • The starting behaviour is further optimised.
    • Digital cockpit display (instrument cluster) with 16.8-inch curved display / Porsche Communication Management (central display)
    • The starting behaviour and performance of the instrument cluster and the central display are improved. The system stability of the navigation is also optimised.
  • As you will appreciate we wish to contact all owners of affected vehicles. Therefore, should you no longer own the vehicle referred to above, it would greatly assist us in the important task of tracing and informing the new owner/keeper if you could advise us by emailing [email protected] to allow us to update our records, and if possible, provide the new owner/keeper details. We can then redirect our correspondence to the correct address.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause and should you have any queries please contact your preferred Porsche Centre.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I must say that some of you are too cynical!
Yes - there have been a lot of teething issues with the Taycan, but I genuinely believe Porsche is trying to address them. My dealership just sent me the following letter template.

Porsche Taycan

VIN:

Software updates for various control units

The high quality of our vehicles over their entire service life is one of the core values of the Porsche brand and contributes significantly to the fascination for our products. To ensure the reliability of our vehicles in the long term, we carry out continuous quality analyses.

Your Porsche Taycan, with its innovative overall concept, is optimally equipped for the future of mobility.

As a result of the continued analysis, we are pleased to be able to provide you a software update for your Taycan which will incorporate the latest developments and system improvements into your vehicle.

Among other things, the software update includes improvements for Porsche Communication Management (PCM), charging functions and driving comfort. Further information on these improvements can be found below.

What should you do?

Please contact your preferred Porsche Centre as soon as possible to arrange to have the necessary work completed as a priority. It is now also easy to schedule your workshop appointment online from your My Porsche app.

You can continue to drive the vehicle without restrictions at any time.

Functions, such as smart charging, require interaction between the vehicle and the charger. We would ask you therefore to bring your Porsche Mobile Charger Connect with you to the workshop visit so that we can update it to the new software version as well. If you subscribe to the Porsche Car Security Package service, before you your vehicle goes to the Porsche Centre, please ensure you have activated “Service mode”

What will we do to your vehicle?

Your Porsche Centre will install the software update during the workshop visit. This will require up to 4 hours to complete and will of course be free of charge. As a result of the software update, the system may lose a number of your personal settings. You will need to reset these systems with your required settings.

What new features are included in the software update?

• Charging
    • Home charging, including with third-party charging equipment, will be improved.
    • Stability during charging is improved and the timer charging function is further optimised.
    • Chassis and driving comfort
    • The starting behaviour is further optimised.
    • Digital cockpit display (instrument cluster) with 16.8-inch curved display / Porsche Communication Management (central display)
    • The starting behaviour and performance of the instrument cluster and the central display are improved. The system stability of the navigation is also optimised.
  • As you will appreciate we wish to contact all owners of affected vehicles. Therefore, should you no longer own the vehicle referred to above, it would greatly assist us in the important task of tracing and informing the new owner/keeper if you could advise us by emailing [email protected] to allow us to update our records, and if possible, provide the new owner/keeper details. We can then redirect our correspondence to the correct address.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause and should you have any queries please contact your preferred Porsche Centre.
things that make you go “hmmmmmmm…” - interesting - bullet points are too bland to know what they are really fixing - but the general topics are welcome and I hope they address some of the issues we’ve all encountered - I’m wondering if/when this will come to North American markets…

LOL - Porsche is 0 for 2 on OTA updates - keep swinging at those pitches…

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
email sent to my local service manager to see if they have any information - SF Bay area dealer - so we’ll see the North American people have any awarness as to this campaign - stay tuned.

I welcome any updates where Porsche continues to chip away at known issues.

as I’ve said before I don’t mind software bugs - I mind 3 year old known software bugs with no fixes ever planned…if they keep fixing them it’s about the best you can hope for.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
email sent to my local service manager to see if they have any information - SF Bay area dealer - so we’ll see the North American people have any awarness as to this campaign - stay tuned.
I emailed my service advisor (also in Bay area) yesterday and his response was that there is no pending updates or recalls for my VIN. So no bueno yet.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m expecting the same response, but the addition of a specific Porsche Campaign identifier might shake loose some additional information - finger’s crossed.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The information that I have been given, and from a Porsche source, is that the update is HUGE and it "Covers a lot". That's all they know !!!!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The information that I have been given, and from a Porsche source, is that the update is HUGE and it "Covers a lot". That's all they know !!!!
I wish to come along with you on this ride of optimism and fully embrace our new Porsche software overlords who in their wisdom grant us software updates with features and defect resolutions - Porsche VAG is great! All hail Porsche VAG software engineers! Let the ones & zero's flow through me, improve me, and my vehicle, so help me debugger! Amen

:clap:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
from my dealer

This is going to be a big software update that will have to be done at the dealership. We don’t have any details as to what is getting updated but are told it will be about 9 hours of actual programming.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any word about when it will be offered in the US?
I provided the exact uncensored quote I got from my Porsche dealer service representative - so you have as much info as I have.

Last edited:

caytan

First Name
Zim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
Any word about when it will be offered in the US?
Fleet of German trained pigeons from Zuffenhausen is carrying USB sticks to US across the pond. Word is, they'll land end of March, but German pigeons are finicky so it might be April, May, June and perhaps even July or August.
Sponsored