hitpl

First Name
Hit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF R Sport, Taycan 4S (due Mar)
Country flag
I ordered early October, and I was updated last week it was being loaded onto the boat at Emden.

Expected to at dealership in Chester around 19th. So if you're on track you've done better than me time wise. Let me know how you get on.
That was a longer wait, but at least you seen the back of it with it arriving at the ports this week and 19th isnt too far :) I have emailed today asking my dealership to give me an update and check if it was shipped last week too.

I read somewhere that they use Malacca Highway vessel for Porsche cars and been tracking it last week and there were several round trips, so hoping one of it included my car too :D
Sponsored

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
I'm waiting for my dealer to let me know, chasing them won't speed up the boat. I'm trying not to think about it, despite spending too much time on the forums.

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dear Alex, your Taycan has arrived...

But we need about a week for it to 'wake up' before you can pick it up.

A rollercoaster of emotions that email was!!!!!!

hitpl

First Name
Hit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good news, at last! I was told mine was loaded on to the ship on Monday and they will share an update once it had arrived in the UK, but havent heard anything from the dealership (despite trackers suggesting the vessel supposedly carrying the car was docked at Sheerness yesterday). I will ask for an update later in the afternoon.

BTW, has anyone been able to make part payment using a credit card? I was initially told I can and then when was booking it in Dec, they used Covid 19 as an excuse to not accept any credit card payment and still sticking to it. Really hoping to make part payment using a credit card and wanted to check if any of you were able to do so?

Cheers,
Hit

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've not been asked for anything other than the initial deposit so far. I will cheekily ask if they take American Express!

hitpl

First Name
Hit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure and let me know how and what they respond to you with? I was hoping to pay the deposit using the credit card, but landed up paying in cash. Now, I am really keen on paying some of the outstanding balance by credit card, if they stop using Covid as an excuse.

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can see why they might not be keen to take credit card, particularly AMEX, given the fees.

hitpl

First Name
Hit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Alex and @TomC - Did you hear back from your dealership about payment by credit card? I am not fussed about using an Amex, even Mastercard will do for me :)

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The worst thing my sales guy did was WhatsApp me... I don't bother emailing anymore, wouldn't be surprised if he's considering a restraining order.

My final spec... http://www.porsche-code.com/PM8L37J1
That is one of the highest specced 4S's I've ever seen. Congrats on such an awesome build. I started with a 4S but it reached Turbo price territory and I worried about resale value. I'm already considering getting a 2022 Turbo S so would sell within less than a year.

@hitpl, I wasn't looking to ask. In my job I have dealings with the payment industry and know how much they'd get stung for, so would assume the answer is just going to be a no. Would be great Alex can manage it though. Think of all those Membership Reward points that can be converted into air miles that you can pretend to use.

In other news, I received an email from Porsche this morning...

In order for you to maximise your Porsche experience, and enable you to unlock a full range of Porsche Connect services, your new vehicle has been added to your My Porsche account.
It's getting closer!

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The worst thing my sales guy did was WhatsApp me... I don't bother emailing anymore, wouldn't be surprised if he's considering a restraining order.

My final spec... http://www.porsche-code.com/PM8L37J1
That looks stunning.

Weekly update on mine, moved two days for completion of production, from 25th March to 23rd March. Not long now!

Last edited:

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In terms of spec and moving to the Turbo, I'm not really bothered to be honest, I started off with a set budget of £110k in mind but then had a moment of madness and thought f**k it.

My business partner has same spec just black with red interior.

I did ask about difference to change to a Turbo and it wasn't a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but it was the wait time which put me off as I'd had my order in for a while.

hitpl

First Name
Hit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is one of the highest specced 4S's I've ever seen. Congrats on such an awesome build. I started with a 4S but it reached Turbo price territory and I worried about resale value. I'm already considering getting a 2022 Turbo S so would sell within less than a year.

@hitpl, I wasn't looking to ask. In my job I have dealings with the payment industry and know how much they'd get stung for, so would assume the answer is just going to be a no. Would be great Alex can manage it though. Think of all those Membership Reward points that can be converted into air miles that you can pretend to use.

In other news, I received an email from Porsche this morning...

It's getting closer!
Thanks and congratulations!! I am waiting to get such an email too, brings joy to us, doesnt it?

The only reason why I am asking about credit card payment is because at the time of pre-booking/config, the sales guys checked and said they will take some payment on a credit card. Later, he told me that due to Covid situation, they are only accepting cash payment.

I would be OK if they said no from the onset, but using Covid as an excuse to get out of it sounds very farcical. Anyway, I will keep pushing my dealership for it :)
Sponsored