Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag
Quick update for me, pick my car up tomorrow! Timeline below based on dealer confirmations.

Completion Date - 2nd April
On Ship - 12th April
In UK Port - 14th April
At Dealer - 19th April
Porsche email received 20th April (initiated by dealer)
Collect 24th April after ceramic coating and security package set up
Did your dealer do the ceramic coat? I wish mine had offered that..had the car a week now, and I don’t want it to go away for a few days now, but I know I need to get the Ceramic done...?
Sponsored

Reactions: K.H

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E220 Coupe, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did your dealer do the ceramic coat? I wish mine had offered that..had the car a week now, and I don’t want it to go away for a few days now, but I know I need to get the Ceramic done...?
Yep they did, I know I can probably get it better if not cheaper elsewhere but the convenience of them doing it pre collection far outweighs the minimal cost save. I suspect I’m in for a sleepless night tonight, one more sleep!

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow so lucky!
Completion date :26/03
On Ship: 22/04
Rest await to fill in the blanks!
:mad:
Ouch! Any ideas why the excessive delay? Shouldn’t be too far away now ??

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Ouch! Any ideas why the excessive delay? Shouldn’t be too far away now ??
No idea. Told by the dealer today that the car is on the vessel. Will believe once it lands.
Thanks,

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Word of caution....don’t rush to do the FOD upgrades.....I now have a horrible permanent yellow light on my dash from a download failure. Apparently a dealer visit needed...

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Yep they did, I know I can probably get it better if not cheaper elsewhere but the convenience of them doing it pre collection far outweighs the minimal cost save. I suspect I’m in for a sleepless night tonight, one more sleep!
My car is in right now. Had it for two weeks and now in for 3 days to get ceramic and tinting. I am having separation anxiety and I wasn’t even planning on driving these 3 days!!

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
P
Quick update for me, pick my car up tomorrow! Timeline below based on dealer confirmations.

Completion Date - 2nd April
On Ship - 12th April
In UK Port - 14th April
At Dealer - 19th April
Porsche email received 20th April (initiated by dealer)
Collect 24th April after ceramic coating and security package set up
Fantastic turn around! Good for you!

my car like @Nipri was completed on 26th March. Arrived in Sheerness on the 17th April but seems to be now stuck there.The ridiculously long wait continues with no news when delivery is. Yet to receive the Porsche Connect emails too.

My dealer also hasn’t offered Ceramic coating so will be getting it completed by a 3rd party, currently researching where is best in London. If anyone has any recommendations I would be happy to hear. Thanks!

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
P

Fantastic turn around! Good for you!

my car like @Nipri was completed on 26th March. Arrived in Sheerness on the 17th April but seems to be now stuck there.The ridiculously long wait continues with no news when delivery is. Yet to receive the Porsche Connect emails too.

My dealer also hasn’t offered Ceramic coating so will be getting it completed by a 3rd party, currently researching where is best in London. If anyone has any recommendations I would be happy to hear. Thanks!
Wow. Your dealer is really dragging his heels? Time to put some pressure on I think. I would guess that’s been on their site for ages already. Could be wrong though..

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
Wow. Your dealer is really dragging his heels? Time to put some pressure on I think. I would guess that’s been on their site for ages already. Could be wrong though..
I’m not so sure although I’m going to definitely email tomorrow. Apparently Porsche Mayfair doesn’t have an on-site New car inspection service so the car has to go to Porsche Reading first - get updated and then come to Mayfair for collection. I was supposedly due to hear when the car arrived at Reading earlier this week but nothing - so assume it’s still stuck in Sheerness

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
I’m not so sure although I’m going to definitely email tomorrow. Apparently Porsche Mayfair doesn’t have an on-site New car inspection service so the car has to go to Porsche Reading first - get updated and then come to Mayfair for collection. I was supposedly due to hear when the car arrived at Reading earlier this week but nothing - so assume it’s still stuck in Sheerness
9 days in and my car is still in Sheerness. Looking at this forum most have cars reach dealers within a week but there seems to be occasional wait times of up to 2 weeks. Still no sign of the elusive Porsche Connect email too.
Apparently my dealer has 20 cars waiting PDI’s at the port and transportation so let’s see if the next few days brings better info.
Hope everyone else waiting is having better luck!

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
9 days in and my car is still in Sheerness. Looking at this forum most have cars reach dealers within a week but there seems to be occasional wait times of up to 2 weeks. Still no sign of the elusive Porsche Connect email too.
Apparently my dealer has 20 cars waiting PDI’s at the port and transportation so let’s see if the next few days brings better info.
Hope everyone else waiting is having better luck!
Amazing how long it takes sometimes. Mine is still on a vessel. That vessel is probably the slowest one in the world!
Spoke to my dealer on Friday who told me that they are so frustrated as well & more people who complain to HQ the better as its comes from the customer.

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Must be so frustrating for you both.

My turnaround time was quite quick, maybe because my car didn't ship to sheerness?

Here's hoping you get them soon.

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
Must be so frustrating for you both.

My turnaround time was quite quick, maybe because my car didn't ship to sheerness?

Here's hoping you get them soon.
I think the Sheerness factor is key. I had a relative who purchased a Taycan after mine which was shipped to Grimsby. Already has had his car for over a week. I think the volume of cars going to Sheerness has a huge impact

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the Sheerness factor is key. I had a relative who purchased a Taycan after mine which was shipped to Grimsby. Already has had his car for over a week. I think the volume of cars going to Sheerness has a huge impact
I assume mine went to Sheerness as I am only 20 miles from there, as is the dealer.. I got mine really quickly?