Uk Delivery Updates

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Last Monday 19th my dealer informed me that the car was on the ship to the Sheerness and sent me the Porsche Connect activation email. The car arrived in Sheerness last week and is at my dealer today for PDI and ceramic coating. He said I can pick it up later this week but I won't be able to do so until next week.
Sponsored

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag
Last Monday 19th my dealer informed me that the car was on the ship to the Sheerness and sent me the Porsche Connect activation email. The car arrived in Sheerness last week and is at my dealer today for PDI and ceramic coating. He said I can pick it up later this week but I won't be able to do so until next week.
I’m sure one of the other guys would like to swap with you!

Reactions: K.H

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Because they have issues that need fixing....

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag
This concerns me! Can only hope that when I receive it there are no issues!
If you are going to do any of the FOD upgrades (power steering plus, lane keeping, and Innodrive) I’d suggest you get the dealer to do it before you drive it off the forecourt!

tennis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Lotus Elise, Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm picking up tomorrow, my locked in date was March 8th.

I am amazed how cheap we have got insurance - 10k/year, two drivers circa 40y/o - £447/year with Admiral!

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I’m not so sure although I’m going to definitely email tomorrow. Apparently Porsche Mayfair doesn’t have an on-site New car inspection service so the car has to go to Porsche Reading first - get updated and then come to Mayfair for collection. I was supposedly due to hear when the car arrived at Reading earlier this week but nothing - so assume it’s still stuck in Sheerness
I’m going through Mayfair too. How did your collection go, and did they offer you the ceramic coating option?

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
I’m going through Mayfair too. How did your collection go, and did they offer you the ceramic coating option?
Still not collected! Incredibly long wait seeing my car completed production week of 23rd March. Collection booked in for the coming Thursday 6th May. received Porsche Connect emails last week. Car sat in Sheerness for 2 weeks.

Apparently Mayfair do not offer ceramic coating - discussed it at length with my dealer as I was looking at getting it done at 1080 in Battersea. In the dealers opinion it’s not worth it, the only true protection in his view is PPF but at high cost. I’m going to decide after a couple of weeks with the car what to do - obviously will mean more detailing work required if I do decide to ceramic coat.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Still not collected! Incredibly long wait seeing my car completed production week of 23rd March. Collection booked in for the coming Thursday 6th May. received Porsche Connect emails last week. Car sat in Sheerness for 2 weeks.

Apparently Mayfair do not offer ceramic coating - discussed it at length with my dealer as I was looking at getting it done at 1080 in Battersea. In the dealers opinion it’s not worth it, the only true protection in his view is PPF but at high cost. I’m going to decide after a couple of weeks with the car what to do - obviously will mean more detailing work required if I do decide to ceramic coat.
Oh man, that wait time has been incredibly frustrating, but you’re almost there.

I’m no expert, but I understand ceramic coating offers the paint a little protection from swirls, micro-scratches and other superficial damage, but helps make washing the car easier. PPF gives more protection, but it’s just a film, so can’t protect against harder impacts. PPF can be pricey. I was given a ballpark figure of £6k - ouch!

Could you have got the ceramic coating applied at Reading when it went for inspection?

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
Oh man, that wait time has been incredibly frustrating, but you’re almost there.

I’m no expert, but I understand ceramic coating offers the paint a little protection from swirls, micro-scratches and other superficial damage, but helps make washing the car easier. PPF gives more protection, but it’s just a film, so can’t protect against harder impacts. PPF can be pricey. I was given a ballpark figure of £6k - ouch!

Could you have got the ceramic coating applied at Reading when it went for inspection?
Exactly PPF super expensive. I’ll probably end up going for Ceramic protection once I’ve got the car. From what I understood from Mayfair is that Reading would be unable to do Ceramic Coating. When is your car due? Probably worth asking to see if you get different info - I’ll be interested to hear if that’s the case!

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Exactly PPF super expensive. I’ll probably end up going for Ceramic protection once I’ve got the car. From what I understood from Mayfair is that Reading would be unable to do Ceramic Coating. When is your car due? Probably worth asking to see if you get different info - I’ll be interested to hear if that’s the case!
I’ll find out. Car is due mid June.
Sponsored