Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag
My dealer said all PDI for Porsche are done at Sheerness.
Well that could take ages then. I’m about 10 miles from Sheerness, and they all have 12 fingers and webbed feet over on the island...weird place!
Sponsored

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine completed on the 2nd, if the dealership is in Scotland would it be on a different boat to yours that are southern based? Or do they all go to Sheerness? My dealer originally said 2 weeks, I’ve added the 3rd on myself in case there are delays, it’s a psychological excitement thing ?
Yes most likely port is Grimsby for you, unless there is something further north.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just got some docs through by email for my business lease from Porsche which states proposed delivery date 26th April.

Assuming it is on the current vessel, FYI:

Production completed: 19th March
Landed in UK (Sheerness): 9th April
Proposed delivery: 26th April

Was hoping it would be quicker than that.

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just got some docs through by email for my business lease from Porsche which states proposed delivery date 26th April.

Wow. That’s disheartening! 20 days ish to get it to Uk after build, and then another 17 to the dealer? You have me worried now as mine completed build on the 30th March...

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
Just to add some further dates and info here. My build was completed week of 22nd March. I was told earlier this week that my car was awaiting a vessel to sheerness, I’m hoping it’s on the carrier that arrives tomorrow in Sheerness but unsure and have no firm date for delivery.

A family member also ordered a similar spec Taycan, his build completed same week as mine, however his order was with Porsche Aberdeen (mine Mayfair). His car was shipped to Grimsby much quicker - arrived in UK sometime between 27-31 March and arrived at the dealer yesterday! He’s expecting delivery of his car next week.

I’m really surprised at the difference of delivery times. he ordered his car 2 weeks after mine!

meejo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E220 Coupe, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just to add some further dates and info here. My build was completed week of 22nd March. I was told earlier this week that my car was awaiting a vessel to sheerness, I’m hoping it’s on the carrier that arrives tomorrow in Sheerness but unsure and have no firm date for delivery.

A family member also ordered a similar spec Taycan, his build completed same week as mine, however his order was with Porsche Aberdeen (mine Mayfair). His car was shipped to Grimsby much quicker - arrived in UK sometime between 27-31 March and arrived at the dealer yesterday! He’s expecting delivery of his car next week.

I’m really surprised at the difference of delivery times. he ordered his car 2 weeks after mine!
do you know what ship I’m looking for for Grimsby shipping?

Hopefully a good sign I’m with Glasgow

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag

Would love to have mine on 26th as it will be a birthday present to myself?

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Fingers crossed for you!

Porsche Taycan Uk Delivery Updates 2E4F9379-9263-4642-B600-8D2AA4B5B2F0

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just got another email telling me to sign up to Porsche connect and also showing my VIN number. Looking at details of others earlier in this thread this means my vehicle is already in the UK and not on current ship.

Will call sales guy tomorrow to see why the long wait.

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got another email telling me to sign up to Porsche connect and also showing my VIN number. Looking at details of others earlier in this thread this means my vehicle is already in the UK and not on current ship.

Will call sales guy tomorrow to see why the long wait.
Don’t get your hopes up on that...I had that email on Monday but my dealer hasn’t confirmed it’s on a boat yet..

K.H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
do you know what ship I’m looking for for Grimsby shipping?

Hopefully a good sign I’m with Glasgow
Unfortunately not - although I did notice that the Malacca Highway did a trip to Grimsby approximately the same time my cousin expected his car to arrive - possibly that vessel but I’ve not seen it go there since, must be others

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Unfortunately not - although I did notice that the Malacca Highway did a trip to Grimsby approximately the same time my cousin expected his car to arrive - possibly that vessel but I’ve not seen it go there since, must be others
If you go on to vessel finder website you can check arrivals/departures/expected/in port tabs at Grimsby port.

Look for vehicle carriers going back and forth from Emden port:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/GBGSY001

You can do the same for Emden port:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/DEEME001

For Sheerness:

https://www.vesselfinder.com/ports/GBSHS001

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don’t get your hopes up on that...I had that email on Monday but my dealer hasn’t confirmed it’s on a boat yet..
Spoke to sales guy, he stated you don't get those details until car is in UK. So mine must have been on previous vessel. If you have them then yours is in the UK too.
Sponsored