UK Insurance

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I‘m still unsure if i should remove the tracker option (more because it’s a hassle and i keep forgetting the fob) for the sake of £50. I might also remove my wife from the car as she doesn’t drive it.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I might also remove my wife from the car as she doesn’t drive it.
I've added my wife to policies ever since I was shocked to discover that the premium is lower than for just myself- despite me having 30+ years NCB and unblemished records. Oh how she laughed. Also handy for unforeseen eventualities of course (I should encourage her to get more familiar with it).

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I've added my wife to policies ever since I was shocked to discover that the premium is lower than for just myself- despite me having 30+ years NCB and unblemished records. Oh how she laughed. Also handy for unforeseen eventualities of course (I should encourage her to get more familiar with it).
You will probably also find that her policy is cheaper by having you on it. I am on my children's cars as having me on there reduces their costs. Not that I ever really drive their cars.

DavidUK

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking at Taycan
Country flag
Just working through first insurance too. Doing it all 'as the company is a pain'!
It's just my wife and I as Directors and this is the first company car we've bought.
I know the vehicle needs to be owned by the company (for all the CT benefit!). I know I put the company as the 'owner', will look into how I put myself as the 'keeper'.

Will most companies base No Claims years your personal No Claims or will I have to start from 0 years as the company?

Any other gotchas?

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
paid £750 last year with Churchill. Now they want £1,300.....

which are currently reasonable? - 53 yrs old - 3 speeding points and 10 yrs no claims
Try going through Money Supermarket. 12000 miles including business £808 )Saga) - incl NCD insurance. Go direct to saga and they quoted 1150???

Frankcan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Im blown away by the quotes Im getting, last year , my Macan was insured through LV for £502, the cheapest quote Ive got so far for the Taycan is £1430.79 from Admiral via Moneysupermarket.

Frankcan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Just a side question! I’ve settled with my existing insurer as I still have 6 months paid for the Macan , but they are asking if it has a tracker fitted? Does anyone know if I can activate this from the car ? And how much it is ? Also asking about a dash cam ? It has surround view, does this include a dash cam ? If not, how much ? Cheers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My multicar renewal (Admiral) is due early August. My Taycan, wife's X2.

No changes since last year.

It's gone from about £1000 to about £1200 pa, with a bit of haggling.
Compared to some of the recent quotes on here, it was quite a relief.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Just a side question! I’ve settled with my existing insurer as I still have 6 months paid for the Macan , but they are asking if it has a tracker fitted? Does anyone know if I can activate this from the car ? And how much it is ? Also asking about a dash cam ? It has surround view, does this include a dash cam ? If not, how much ? Cheers
You will have to get your dealer to activate it. I think it is about £270/yr

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Call into Belfast OPC and they'll talk you through the activation of the PVTS+.

In terms of dashcam, there's plenty of threads available but here's one of the most recent:

Dashcams

All the best,

Frankcan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Cheers MBS, they asked for the V5 document with my name on it to verify my ownership, so Im just waiting on it arriving from DVLA.
Sponsored