GtechRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
paid £750 last year with Churchill. Now they want £1,300.....

which are currently reasonable? - 53 yrs old - 3 speeding points and 10 yrs no claims
Sponsored

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
£1180 Churchill gold (or plus, whatever it’s called) last week. 41, 10yrs NCB, no points

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag

which are currently reasonable? - 53 yrs old - 3 speeding points and 10 yrs no claims
Are the points new this year or did you already have them last year?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Don't forget location also important

...I'd be delighted with 1.3k!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Admiral wanted 60% more this year- with no change of circumstances- so I switched to Privilege at slightly less than last year's. IIRC on the comparison site, Churchill were quoting similarly as Privilege. This was for a renewal this month.

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
I’m picking up my sport turismo 4S tomorrow (argh!) and this thread came up just as I was tediously going through insurance quotes. Nothing like planning ahead.
Best I’ve found so far is Admiral, £950. 42 year old female, no points and max ncd. But the excess is £850!
Has anyone else found that having their company as registered owner makes the premium higher/rules out certain underwriters? No way around it, but still…

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
@Dollymite my excess was £1100, up from £100 on my Audi! With the car registered to the company it’s almost always higher however I’ve got the ltd co set as the owner but myself as registered keeper which has helped

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
@Dollymite my excess was £1100, up from £100 on my Audi! With the car registered to the company it’s almost always higher however I’ve got the ltd co set as the owner but myself as registered keeper which has helped
Yes doing the same set up! I’ll just have to accept that the xs is going to be hideous…

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Don't worry about the excess. You can get 'excess buyback cover' for next to nothing. basically insurance for your excess.

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
Don't worry about the excess. You can get 'excess buyback cover' for next to nothing. basically insurance for your excess.
I’ve just seen that one of the comparison sites (think it’s go compare?) gives you £250 of it back if you have a claim. Also worth looking at - thanks, I’ll check out the buyback cover!

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
£1,085 with RAC, 33 y/o, zero points, 13 NCD. £64 of the premium was for NCD protection though.

Edit: and excess at £700 (compulsory only)

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

No defo not I have a Taycan Turbo few years older than you no points mine also has just about doubled in cost not good did you also know a lot don’t cover you for damage or replacement of the pamoromic roof which is 8k to replace need keeping an eye on the exclusions 😭😭😭

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Looks like a lot of premiums are rocketing upwards. I presume this is due to the ridiculous cost of repairing a broken Taycan. There have ben several threads where a relatively small prang that should cost <£5k to fix ends up costing >£20k. That will push up premiums across the board unfortunately, as we are seeing. I am not looking forward to mine in January!
Sponsored