UK lead time - no clues after 8 months

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
I agree with this but from a different angle.....

I am used to (prefer) rear wheel drive cars and have no problem at all with my RWD Taycan.

My biggest concern is braking and the weight of the car. Thats when I notice it.
Despite all the tech, you can't defy the laws of physics - and it is a heavy car.
Yeah 2.2 tonne pushing the nose due to too fast a corner entry speed isn’t pleasant but the reaction from AWD is remarkable - until I drive a RWD Taycan I can’t be sure but I have the stains from last Monday to prove it can be daunting! Let’s face it under steer on a narrow road is a bitch but add weight, car width & considerably more speed and you feel for anything that gets in your way!
Sponsored

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
You’ve been a BMW owner though… you’ll know you can add all the options on the world and never use most of them!

I’ve added HUD and pretty sure I don’t need it - hoping I can have CarPlay on the main screen, extended map on the binnacle then arrows and speed on the HUD.
The BMW HUD is excellent, used it all the time on both cars. The i4 M50 standard spec is superb, it does frustrate me that electric folding mirrors etc are an option on Porsche’s 75k plus vehicle of the future.

I would have liked different wheels, 18 way seats with ventilation, rear axel steer, electric charging cover etc but it’s a lease car after all and I have to be realistic.

I’m buying this because of the way it drives (not driven one yet lol) the fact it’s drop dead gorgeous, the performance, the awesome dash and interior layout, the fact it’s virtually the only EV estate out there (that you’d want to buy) and for that shield on the steering wheel.

I’m hoping that for 4 years, every time I walk out to it and step inside, I’ll feel special and will look forward to driving it.

My Alfa was like that, best handling car I’ve owned.

Its my first Porsche and possibly my last for many years (my daughter will be at uni at the end of the lease).

I intend to enjoy every moment ?

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah 2.2 tonne pushing the nose due to too fast a corner entry speed isn’t pleasant but the reaction from AWD is remarkable - until I drive a RWD Taycan I can’t be sure but I have the stains from last Monday to prove it can be daunting! Let’s face it under steer on a narrow road is a bitch but add weight, car width & considerably more speed and you feel for anything that gets in your way!
I just want to get to drive a Taycan lol

I hope as soon as I find out my supplying dealer, I’ll be off to get a test drive.

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
You'll have to come out in mine assuming it arrives soon! Where in the UK are you?

Just seen you have an ok MR2… that was on my list but I still have two E46s and an E85 Z4 so perhaps not just yet ?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
You'll have to come out in mine assuming it arrives soon! Where in the UK are you?

Just seen you have an ok MR2… that was on my list but I still have two E46s and an E85 Z4 so perhaps not just yet ?
Offer available from me too. I am in the Cheshire area.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just want to get to drive a Taycan lol

I hope as soon as I find out my supplying dealer, I’ll be off to get a test drive.
it’s best described as “like Christmas as a kid all over again!”

(Dreaming of my new Taycan coming off MV St Peterburg in Grimsby docks as I write …(in reality it could be parked in a queue in Emden ?)

I presume customs clearance isn’t as slick & straightforward in Dec 21 as pre 1/1/21 …

* dont forget to post your first impressions once you get that first Taycan drive ?

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cheers all ?

Just seen you have an ok MR2…
ALWAYS wanted one and they’re only increasing in value, so I picked it up last summer. Absolutely love it and doing my best to get it looking as nice as it can. Solid examples are hard to find! It was on aftermarket 17”s but I managed to get hold of mint factory 15”s, I want it as close to factory as possible. Only got 95k on the clock and it’s been garaged most of its life, interior is mint.

Out of all the cars I’ve owned, this one gets all the attention. Nobody paid a seconds notice to my rare as rocking horse leavings Lexus RCF ?

unfortunately she will potentially have to go when the Porsche comes ?

Thanks for the offers of going out in the Taycan! Much appreciated. I’m in Notts, so guarantee (much like the BMW would have been) the supplying dealer will be 3 hours away ?

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
One of my offices is in Mansfield so I'll let you know after the car arrives.

Keep the MR2 - I've had loads of s**tbox cars over the last couple of years and the tinkering is fun. You won't be doing anything with the Porsche.

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One of my offices is in Mansfield so I'll let you know after the car arrives.

Keep the MR2 - I've had loads of s**tbox cars over the last couple of years and the tinkering is fun. You won't be doing anything with the Porsche.
I would love to keep her, but I purchased her as an investment, as the few k I had spare, was earning nothing in the bank lol

We shall see what the future holds, I’m hoping I can cling onto her.

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
I've been reading this thread with interest (along with a whole host of others!) as I've just ordered a RWD Taycan through a salary exchange scheme. Any tips on what to expect in terms of delivery, communication etc. I'm not expecting the car quickly (at the moment I keep looking at my build spec on the configurator to contain my excitement!) and that's fine but any pointers would be great.

Also, I need to organise a home charger so any tips for this would also be much appreciated!

MarkG_M5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5 Comp, Taycan ordered
Country flag
The main tip I would offer is search You Tube for ‘Taycan’ to keep the excitement alive. After just 4 and a bit months wait I’ve finished You Tube ?

Chargers - people seem to say Zappi? I’m probably going to go for just a 32a socket and the Porsche adapter through. I get a free PodPoint with my car scheme but it’s huge. Octopus should also give me a free Ohme but it looks cheap…

Depending on the company you’ve ordered through the comms with either come thorough them (for me. Octopus manage everything) or direct from the dealer. Once your order is confirmed, get your experience morning/afternoon at Silverstone booked!

And congratulation!

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Will be fixated with YouTube I’m sure!

We’ve gone brave on spec (it’ll actually be my wife’s car) … ice grey paint with blackberry leather and body coloured accent package!

Will do some digging in the charger front but suspect I have quite a bit of time to research!

Good shout on the experience day, I’ll wait until my order is confirmed and get that booked!

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not even heard about the experience day, sounds like fun ?

The home charger is supplied free of charge through the lease company we use, I assume this would apply to other companies as well?

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have 32amp commando at my holiday home & it works well with the deluxe type controller that was forced extra with early Taycans … perhaps a quirk of my home or electrician mentioned that new devices would port back a bit of extra current to meter board but I needed to dial back the amps to 28/30amp as trip would trigger at full 32amp. I believe the ability to dial back amps isn’t possible with the standard (is it called) PMCC that comes now as a standard item with Taycans (a more basic controller)

(As I say it could be tripping as a quirk of my house ECB settings but worth mentioning because the standard controllers are now more basic lighter weight device)

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good advice & I clearly need to do more research as this is all new to me and want to make the home charging process as easy as possible.
Sponsored