TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
All, I am looking for all Wrap modifications that owners have done to their Taycan.

I am interested in using this thread to allow us to have repository of the options that can be had with wrapping and what they end up looking like.

Specifically, color changes. It won't be very useful to see clear wrap, but very interested in any color changes or gloss/matte on the:
Body
Trim
Tail Lights / Reflectors
Mirrors
Window Tint
Bumpers / Side Skirts / Defuser / Ducts / Etc.

Please post your changes, type of film and any coating that is applied so others can replicate this if they want to have it on their Taycan Project.

Thanks,
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Matte black 3M 2080 film on the rear bumper reflectors.
Gloss white 3M film on the rear bumper side reflectors. I may go with BumperPlugs painted reflectors for bumper if the white film doesn't match well.

preeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Spyder, 2019 Cayenne
Country flag
Wrapped the Front lower bumper, rear and side skirts to see how it looks. Should have come painted from the factory. Not sure how long the wrap is going to last.
Ordered some sport design side skirts, will wrap them as well.
Attached pics.

Porsche Taycan Ultimate Wrap Thread - Post All Wrapping Modifications IMG_6997 Copy.JPG

Porsche Taycan Ultimate Wrap Thread - Post All Wrapping Modifications IMG_6998

Porsche Taycan Ultimate Wrap Thread - Post All Wrapping Modifications IMG_7015

Porsche Taycan Ultimate Wrap Thread - Post All Wrapping Modifications IMG_7020

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wrapped the Front lower bumper, rear and side skirts to see how it looks. Should have come painted from the factory. Not sure how long the wrap is going to last.
Ordered some sport design side skirts, will wrap them as well.
Attached pics.

IMG_6997 Copy.JPG

IMG_6998.jpg

IMG_7015.jpg

IMG_7020.jpg
Did you do the wrap yourself or have a shop do it? And did you order it pre-cut? Thanks for any details and the front spoiler wrap looks great.

preeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you do the wrap yourself or have a shop do it? And did you order it pre-cut? Thanks for any details and the front spoiler wrap looks great.
Took it to a shop and they took care of it. Gloss black with a bit of cf bits.

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
Took it to a shop and they took care of it. Gloss black with a bit of cf bits.
I think I like what you did here. I am a little torn with the matte black still being on the headlight intakes, though.

Is there a possibility for you to take some more close-up pictures of the gloss-black and cf parts?

I am trying to assess where you put what as well as how the cf looks close up.....does it look semi-real, or does it come across as a sticker/wrap? It would be nice to know where you chose to use what pieces.

I am thinking of perhaps the OEM CF side skirts with some of what you did here for the front and back......but again, would be helpful with closer detail pictures. Thanks in advance.

preeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think I like what you did here. I am a little torn with the matte black still being on the headlight intakes, though.

Is there a possibility for you to take some more close-up pictures of the gloss-black and cf parts?

I am trying to assess where you put what as well as how the cf looks close up.....does it look semi-real, or does it come across as a sticker/wrap? It would be nice to know where you chose to use what pieces.

I am thinking of perhaps the OEM CF side skirts with some of what you did here for the front and back......but again, would be helpful with closer detail pictures. Thanks in advance.
Hope these help

Porsche Taycan Ultimate Wrap Thread - Post All Wrapping Modifications IMG_7025

Porsche Taycan Ultimate Wrap Thread - Post All Wrapping Modifications IMG_7030

Porsche Taycan Ultimate Wrap Thread - Post All Wrapping Modifications IMG_7031

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
Thats fantastic! Thanks...

So, front, you did the middle strip? Looks nice.
Back, you only did the top bridge and the two down that frame the plate in CF.....did you not do gloss black for anything lower or on the sides?

For the side skirts, still trying to see what you did there.

@DerekS perhaps it is my screen, but the front lip doesn't look like there is gloss black, it only looks like standard matte plastic.

Interested in perhaps keeping all the matte black, but I like where the CF bits were added, that looks pretty slick. Was thinking that this combo would look great with the Porsche CF side skirts and the CF mirrors. I have black other trim and still questioning the gloss black addition as it really needs to match the other gloss black exactly to look 'put together'

Hope these help

IMG_7025.jpg

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
@DerekS perhaps it is my screen, but the front lip doesn't look like there is gloss black, it only looks like standard matte plastic.
Correct, it's just the default matte plastic. I sort of like how they did this; the parts of the car susceptible to scrapes and road rash are now cheap (by Porsche standards) and easily replaceable.

EDIT: Aaaaand I missed the point of the thread, you were specifically looking for color changes and not clear film. Sorry about that.

OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
@kreshi I really like how that turned out with the reflection colors that the glass gives off. Really ties it in.
The only problem I have with all the wraps right now is that once you go down this route, it really begs to make an adjustment to the wheels as well....takes a $6-8k job up to a $12k mod in minutes.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
@kreshi I really like how that turned out with the reflection colors that the glass gives off. Really ties it in.
The only problem I have with all the wraps right now is that once you go down this route, it really begs to make an adjustment to the wheels as well....takes a $6-8k job up to a $12k mod in minutes.
Absolutely. The wheel cannot stay like that. My main goal was to find a solution for the plain black paint. It was the worst on any car I’ve ever had. I got the wrap cheap done in Italy, so costs so far are pretty OK. Wheels will be expensive though..