Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
Every time I get in the car, the media-system picks up my i-phone play list and starts to play it, whether I want it to or not.

Is there any way of stopping this happening before it starts ?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Probably if you research this forum you can configure it not to. Check the Device Manager for your phone when connected to see if there is any option to disable this feature (I don't use an iPhone) - AutoPlay or similar.

It may be you don't need both Bluetooth and Wireless active at the same time - try switching bluetooth off (and then the other connection method).

Sorry - guessing a bit but I think this is where you need to look.

You could always just use the built in Apple Music / Podcast than use your phone - playlists etc will be available there.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
you mean a playlist in Apple Music is triggered via CarPlay ? have you checked that you don't have any CarPlay related automation in place under "shortcuts" (the Apple app)?

Away4good

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Probably if you research this forum you can configure it not to. Check the Device Manager for your phone when connected to see if there is any option to disable this feature (I don't use an iPhone) - AutoPlay or similar.

It may be you don't need both Bluetooth and Wireless active at the same time - try switching bluetooth off (and then the other connection method).

You could always just use the built in Apple Music / Podcast than use your phone - playlists etc will be available there.
My Lexus do the exact same behaviour whenever I have a paused media in any non-active but not closed (killed) app.

I solve this by killing the app in my iphone (close the app from

I understand this is a different car but maybe no other way to control this behaviour.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag

Not to sidetrack the thread (but it might assist in the answer)I noticed that both my bluetooth and wifi connect to the car. Is one preferred over the other?

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Not to sidetrack the thread (but it might assist in the answer)I noticed that both my bluetooth and wifi connect to the car. Is one preferred over the other?
Wireless CarPlay communicates with the car over WiFi. You need that WiFi connection if you want to use Wireless Apple CarPlay. I’m not sure about Android auto. Bluetooth is for the regular link between the mobile phone and car. If you use Wireless CarPlay like me just “set it and forget it”. The car will connect how it needs to. It just most of the time takes 30-45 seconds after startup for me before it connects.

OP
OP
Olicanian

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
Thank you for your responses. I think I have stopped it, by tuning in to a radio station and then pausing it.

I don’t use Apple Music at all.

Can’t say I’m impressed with the PCM. Or maybe it’s me.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Thank you for your responses. I think I have stopped it, by tuning in to a radio station and then pausing it.

I don’t use Apple Music at all.

Can’t say I’m impressed with the PCM. Or maybe it’s me.
Don’t have the exact answer but I think you need to check the CarPlay settings from the phone itself. In my Volvo, my phone was fine but if I used my wife’s it will start with Apple Music. I never bothered to check her phone because it was rare that we used hers

OP
OP
Olicanian

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
That didn’t work either! Now the radio comes on automatically…. Never mind. I’ll live with it.

Thanks again for the comments.
Sponsored