evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Congrats Evan! Great to see someone actually post they have Vcodes!
Please keep us posted.
BTW - There is also a list of coded dates for a Turbo order over on Rennlist (with a MUCH earlier delivery = Early Feb)!
Sponsored

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I don't care about the dates. I was tired of people saying they placed their order (on paper) with the dealership but they were not actually be in the Porsche system with a V200 Status.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't care about the dates. I was tired of people saying they placed their order (on paper) with the dealership but they were not actually be in the Porsche system with a V200 Status.
Well... If you cared to take a look over on Rennlist you would see the posting I referred to also has the codes (if that is what "floats your boat"). That posting is currently "in production" with a code of V260. I'm not going to relist that other posting here as that is not my data and not really my place.

You can't have "dates" if you don't have "codes". You have to hit V200 before any dates are issued... You can have V070 all day long (Demand Order) but since it doesn't have an actual allocation there won't be any dates assigned...

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you misunderstood me completely!

I said congrats and was happy for you. I was saying I'm happy you posted actual V codes rather than just something you had on paper as others on here have done. Only positive thoughts here!

Last edited:

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi my turbo is in V210. Can someone tell more about that status? 10 februari build..

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
V210 is the freeze change point in Porsche speak.

In other words whatever build you submitted to your dealer can no longer be tweaked or changed. It is "locked"

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you misunderstood me completely!

I said congrats and was happy for you. I was saying I'm happy you posted actual V codes rather than just something you had on paper as others on here have done. Only positive thoughts here!
No, I get it (and thank you).

My point is that folks can't actually GET any dates unless they are in the system with actual V Codes (at V200 or better). To imply that they "were not actually be in the Porsche system with a V200 Status" would be to imply that they were lying or fabricating their delivery dates. If you "got dates" then you have to be at least V200. Sure, its great to have ALL the codes (and corresponding dates), but its also informative to just get a single planned delivery date...

Not looking for a quarrel though, just appreciative of those who might also just post a (real) delivery date...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm curious if anyone has a (USA) TurboS customer order/allocation (NOT a Launch Vehicle) with a delivery date prior to July? I'm just trying to get some insight into the build process for that particular model...

IOW: Are ALL (US) customer TurboS orders that far out? Are they only building TurboS models in the near term as Launch Vehicles? Could they be dedicating long-term runs on the production line based on model designation (and not interleaving the various models)?

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My point is that folks can't actually GET any dates unless they are in the system with actual V Codes (at V200 or better). To imply that they "were not actually be in the Porsche system with a V200 Status" would be to imply that they were lying or fabricating their delivery dates. If you "got dates" then you have to be at least V200. Sure, its great to have ALL the codes (and corresponding dates), but its also informative to just get a single planned delivery date...

Not looking for a quarrel though, just appreciative of those who might also just post a (real) delivery date...
I think its just the hang up on the dates. I'm hung up on people posting things like:
"Ordered with specs I want adding in "heads up display" if available. Dealer estimates delivery in the Spring from March-May. My deposit has been in over one year."

Dealer estimates are meaningless and putting in specs for a car without a retail build sheet and some V codes (or dates in your case) don't mean anything to me that you "ordered" your car. You can put in your order with your dealer and be 20th in line and aren't getting one any time soon. That's not interesting to me. Posts like yours with V codes and dates are!

OP
OP

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm curious if anyone has a (USA) TurboS customer order/allocation (NOT a Launch Vehicle) with a delivery date prior to July? I'm just trying to get some insight into the build process for that particular model...

IOW: Are ALL (US) customer TurboS orders that far out? Are they only building TurboS models in the near term as Launch Vehicles? Could they be dedicating long-term runs on the production line based on model designation (and not interleaving the various models)?
As far as I’ve seen all Q1 vehicles are exclusively launch vehicles. At least for Turbo S.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
My turbo "freeze date" is next week , 12/11.
looks like I have final option decisions to make in a hurry

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Build Freeze Date for my 4S was November 29. My car enters production (V260 date) on 12/20. Build will be impacted by the Christmas shutdown as my V270 date says 01/24/2020. Then the car waits for 3 weeks to get on the boat to Houston. Exit date for Port of Houston currently shows 03/06/2020.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
I just got a call from my dealer in Denver that they had a January build slot for me for a 4S. I passed on this slot because I am big guy and want to sit in the car before I commit. I was surprised they had a slot for me so soon. I only put in a deposit about nine months ago and was number 12 for a 4S. Dealer says they will have demo cars in two weeks. I am likely going to go for a March build slot.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Pretty negatively surprised by all these 4S build slots...….. seems the delay is rather not really a delay as much as a shift from producing the Turbo and the Turbo S after the 4S instead of before as the original plan seems to have been...……… Considering I had V260 on 7 of december and end of jan beginning of feb final delivery depending on if my car arrived before the dealer's demo or not...… Now, after the "delay" I still do not have a an official build freeze or anything...…. :-(

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My dealer got a couple Turbos, but no Turbo S allocations yet. These are evidently hard to come by...
Sponsored