Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Sure but that’s not the point of the thread, this is about used prices.
The wholesale price is very close to the retail prices
So retail price would be around $120k to $125k assuming this 4s had an equal MSRP to yours

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
The wholesale price is very close to the retail prices
So retail price would be around $120k to $125k assuming this 4s had an equal MSRP to yours
So are we really looking at a 20k used markup or is this just a one off?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
There was an article in Auto Express this week.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/e-tron-gt/356077/audi-e-tron-gt-vs-porsche-taycan-4s

Although it's UK related, it states the following:

The Taycan and the e-tron GT cling on to their value exceptionally well when compared with similarly priced combustion vehicles, but the Taycan’s residuals are particularly remarkable. After three years and 36,000 miles, the 4S is expected to retain nearly 75 per cent of the £84,030 asking price; that means it’ll still be worth almost £63,000 after all that use.

It’s worth bearing in mind that the estimated figure doesn’t take into account the options added to this car. On the other hand, the most expensive model in the range, the £140,000 Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S, maintains an even greater 82 per cent of its original value after three years

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The key word is "listed", which is different than "sold". I just looked at the link above, now listed at $139.9K, so $10K drop since last night (base on OP time). Dealers often list starting at higher prices, then lower it until it's sold. I've seen new Model 3's listed at 3xMSRP on ebay when they first came out, it doesn't mean they sold at that price, or even near.

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
On the other hand, the most expensive model in the range, the £140,000 Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S, maintains an even greater 82 per cent of its original value after three years
As it hasn't actually been out barely 3 months let alone 3 years I'm taking that Crystal Ball stuff with a little pinch of salt!

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
As it hasn't actually been out barely 3 months let alone 3 years I'm taking that Crystal Ball stuff with a little pinch of salt!
Agreed.

on an unrelated note how does the Rapide and Taycan play together in your stable? I had always wanted one but the Taycan came along and I waited for that instead.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
There are just no new models for sale right now outside of a few markets, and builds with desirable features are still selling at retail or more just because demand is so high. It's like this with many cars.

I've noticed on car sites like Vroom and Carvana, Jeep Wrangler 4xe, which get a good federal tax break are selling for at or just above retail with basically no miles on them as used. My guess is buyers or the companies themselves get ahold of the car and immediately flip it with the intent of claiming the EV tax credit. A cool 6k profit with no effort.
Sponsored