IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
I'm looking for a video or instructions that shows how XM is implemented in PCM but can't find anything beyond very generic and not answering my question.

Specifically, if I've got XM properly linked/activated in my Taycan, is there a screen for XM that shows ONLY my presets? The video I saw shows all XM channels,. implying that you have to scroll through them to get to the channel you wish to listen to. I hope that's not right . . .
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Bring up SiriusXM, click on the three dots lower right, select Favorites. Then select List along the top of the screen.

You’ll find that sometimes your favorites are there from the start, sometime you have tocycle through the menu once or twice to get them to come up.

BTW, if CarPlay is engaged, SIRIUSXM may not show up in the main media menu, in which case you have to press the three dots and select SiriusXM from there first.

OP
OP
IrwinJ

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
I saw a video () and it shows the star button being used to set favorites. But it seems to say that is for purposes of recording a song, but not making a favorite channel? I'm not clear on this. I'm hoping that I can dial in an XM channel, hit star and it becomes a favorite channel. Repeat the process as many times as needed, and then whenever I want to listen I simply hit the star and all my favorite channels pop up.

Another related question: if the above what I want is correct, can I also use the favorite star button to make favorite channels from FM radio, so that any and all favorites whether XM or FM all come up when I hit the star button?

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
The media Favorites are shown on a list of their own that is cross-source. In other words you can have a Sirius XM favorite and then right below that an FM radio favorite and perhaps others. You see this when you select Favorites as the source. If you select Sirius XM as the source you will just get a list of channels.

To add an item to your favorites, you just tap a star icon on the display when you are listening to a channel you want to favorite.

OP
OP
IrwinJ

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
Thanks, that’s exactly what I wanted to know!

OP
OP
IrwinJ

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
Actually I have one other question. Let’s say while I’m driving I have my favorites list up. When I stop the car, turn it off, and then later get back in and drive, is that the screen that will automatically come back up, or does it revert to the main menu function?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sometimes it will, sometimes it won’t. Like a lot of things in the PCM, it’s a bit random.
Sponsored