superflytnt

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had this same problem last week, three days into ownership. Dealer sent me a workaround that uses the joker buttons to access SAT radio. Says that is a permanent fix that links the radio to the PCM display. Attaching a screenshot here.

E7D0ED46-606B-4EC0-A0F5-7094F094C923.jpeg
This worked almost perfectly. Once I was able to change the source to XM with this trick I had to click onto a different screen to trigger a terms of service "accept" button. Once I did that, XM worked perfectly. Thank you!

Last edited:

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If someone is maintaining a FAQ this should be in it - great tip and it worked 100%.

DaveCinNJ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I picked up my 4S on Saturday, and XM worked fine until this morning. I searched the Forum and found this thread, and it worked in 30 seconds. This truly saved me hours on the phone or a trip to the dealer. Thanks to everyone!

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Picked up my 2021 Taycan Turbo on Friday, Sirius stopped working this AM, the Joker Key fix worked perfectly. Thanks all for the thread.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
This worked for me. I hope it “sticks”.
Thanks.
Joker key thing did not work for me. Took the car to dealer last Saturday and they knew about the Joker key source thing as well and it didn't work. XM is greyed out - it worked for 2-3 days after delivery then quit. Their diagnostic info is being sent to Porsche for evaluation and I'm awaiting a response. I'll update here once it get figured out. (2021 RWD | 4/21 build)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche called today and stated a software patch/update resolved the issue and it is now operational.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have to use the joker key workaround literally every single day now.

Just me?

Every time I do it, I get the free trial popup.

YugoNation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a3 etron, BMW x3
Country flag
I am having this issue now in my 2021 4s that just got delivered. Software on this car is pretty janky.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have to use the joker key workaround literally every single day now.

Just me?

Every time I do it, I get the free trial popup.
Got my car back. Software update is the solution according to Porsche. Mine's working all the time now.

Jase700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Has anyone figured out a way to make SiriusXM automatically start when you turn the car on? Anytime CarPlay is connected, it basically makes me click through menus to start the satellite radio.

Also, has anyone found a way to be able to monitor the satellite stations while Carplay is active? in my Panamera, Carplay didn't take up the whole screen and I could have 1/3 of the screen still show the Sirius track and change the station.

OP
OP
lazvek

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Carrera S Cabrio
Country flag
Has anyone figured out a way to make SiriusXM automatically start when you turn the car on? Anytime CarPlay is connected, it basically makes me click through menus to start the satellite radio.

Also, has anyone found a way to be able to monitor the satellite stations while Carplay is active? in my Panamera, Carplay didn't take up the whole screen and I could have 1/3 of the screen still show the Sirius track and change the station.
I have the same problem. Also true if you have podcasts or Apple Music on. The phone connects and you get silence. The only workaround I have found is to turn off car play and use Bluetooth. It is annoying but I haven’t complained about it yet.

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
Forum strikes again- had SXM the first day or 2 then noticed it was greg the last couple of tries. Forgot to mention to dealer so searched here and boom - diamond button fix worked.

thanks!

Taycan_mjkh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Base
Country flag
Had this same problem last week, three days into ownership. Dealer sent me a workaround that uses the joker buttons to access SAT radio. Says that is a permanent fix that links the radio to the PCM display. Attaching a screenshot here.

E7D0ED46-606B-4EC0-A0F5-7094F094C923.jpeg
This fixed my issue. Worked perfect.