lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Carrera S Cabrio
Country flag
For me, the SXM button comes up gray after reboot and stays gray. It never shows as "enabled". At this point I've tried rebooting 4 or 5 times with no change... so I guess I'll be using Apple Music as a substitute until there's an OTA update that restores SXM.
Looks exactly like my problem. What are you doing for reboot? Are you doing the "two-finger" reboot that gets you into the engineering menu?
Sponsored

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For me, the SXM button comes up gray after reboot and stays gray. It never shows as "enabled". At this point I've tried rebooting 4 or 5 times with no change... so I guess I'll be using Apple Music as a substitute until there's an OTA update that restores SXM.
Looks exactly like my problem. What are you doing for reboot? Are you doing the "two-finger" reboot that gets you into the engineering menu?
Yep, I did the "two-finger salute" to get to the engineering screen and chose "restart" from there.

And oddly enough after my original post, *NOW* SXM is working for me again . Don't know whether it just took that long for the "entitlement" to be set up again, or what.

JCW_DFW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I just picked up my 2021 Taycan 4S on Christmas Eve, and I’m totally unable to access the satellite radio. I have signed up based on the email I got from Porsche, but when I select the icon in the Media console I get “Function not available”. When I go to settings I get screen below, which looks like a software bug. I’ve tried the “two finger salute” to reboot the PCM, but it doesn’t seem to matter.

I realize I probably am the lucky guy who got the first MY 2021 car and so I get to debug it, but I’m hoping there’s someone else here who figured this one out...

Cheers,

Laz

CC5239E5-CCE2-4FD3-B391-79529274FDEB.jpeg
Had this same problem last week, three days into ownership. Dealer sent me a workaround that uses the joker buttons to access SAT radio. Says that is a permanent fix that links the radio to the PCM display. Attaching a screenshot here.

Porsche Taycan Sirius XM 360 not working? E7D0ED46-606B-4EC0-A0F5-7094F094C923

OP
OP
lazvek

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Carrera S Cabrio
Country flag
Had this same problem last week, three days into ownership. Dealer sent me a workaround that uses the joker buttons to access SAT radio. Says that is a permanent fix that links the radio to the PCM display. Attaching a screenshot here.

E7D0ED46-606B-4EC0-A0F5-7094F094C923.jpeg
Super useful! Thanks. I just lost my sat last night again... Really driving me crazy.

BuckStrom

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

E7D0ED46-606B-4EC0-A0F5-7094F094C923.jpeg
Thanks so much! Worked like a charm? My dealer told me I would need a new PCM unit!

afel

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I just took delivery of my 2021 Taycan Turbo and had the same issue the next day. Going back to the dealer tomorrow and hope they are able to fix the issue with the software update. The workaround did not fix my issue. If there is anything about the software update, please let me know so I can share with the dealer. Other than that, I love the car!

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
This worked for me. I hope it “sticks”.
Thanks.

afel

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi John and all! May I ask how I can "Change the Source to SiriusXM via the Joker-Key on the Steering Wheel"? It is #6 above and I cannot see how to do that. Thanks :)

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Hi John and all! May I ask how I can "Change the Source to SiriusXM via the Joker-Key on the Steering Wheel"? It is #6 above and I cannot see how to do that. Thanks :)
Per the manual, that would be: push and hold the diamond key.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
That worked :) Problem solved. Thanks Mark!!
My pleasure.

It will be so cool when I can try some of these things on my own Taycan Turbo, due sometime in the next few days. ?

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thé Jokey wheel option worked instantly.
SiriusXm icon greyed out right on 2nd day after delivery......

Thanx for the tip!

D’Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!!!
I, too, have been living with a grayed out SXM since about a week into my ownership.
Joker button worked like a charm!
Again, Thank YOU!!!
Sponsored