arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Background: have owned quite a few cars, and a few Porsche 911 in the past. Most recently a 991.2 (2017 911 C4S).

In the ‘17 911 you could set the steering wheel diamond to play the “next song/track” just like you can in the Taycan. When listening to Sirius XM, it would go to the next station. However, if you had the PCM (radio) on the FAVORITES screen, it would cycle through only your favorites. That was great! (I don’t want to listen to every channel, just cycle through the ones I’ve favorited)

HOWEVER ...
In the Taycan, no matter what screen my PCM is viewing, it seems that the Diamond/next track (steering wheel button) cycles through ALL of the SAT radio stations, no matter what. It never seems to stick to only the favorites, no matter what I have tried.

QUESTIONS:
1 - Is everyone else finding the same? Or
2- Has anyone figured out a better way to handle this?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You could actually go to next Favorites on any Porsche? Don't think it worked that way on my Macan, which was also PCM 4.

OP
OP
arijaycomet

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You could actually go to next Favorites on any Porsche? Don't think it worked that way on my Macan, which was also PCM 4.
It only worked if the PCM was on the “Favorites” page. So that was never fun because then the navigation was hidden (but you could see map in the cluster screen offset to right). Not ideal but a workaround. Sounds like maybe won’t be as lucky with Taycan.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
In the ‘17 911 you could set the steering wheel diamond to play the “next song/track” just like you can in the Taycan. When listening to Sirius XM, it would go to the next station. However, if you had the PCM (radio) on the FAVORITES screen, it would cycle through only your favorites. That was great! (I don’t want to listen to every channel, just cycle through the ones I’ve favorited)

HOWEVER ...
In the Taycan, no matter what screen my PCM is viewing, it seems that the Diamond/next track (steering wheel button) cycles through ALL of the SAT radio stations, no matter what. It never seems to stick to only the favorites, no matter what I have tried.

QUESTIONS:

Thanks in advance!
1 - YES. I cannot cycle through Favorites with the next track command.
2 - NO. I would love such an option.

OP
OP
arijaycomet

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This thread has a little bit of overlap with my other thread (HERE) in that Sirius XM does remember where you were. But this thread was created to discuss the diamond button ("next track") features. And to that end, I learned something "new" but maybe a detail others already figured out. Still, wanting to share...

If you are listening to Sirius XM and you go into the List ... and go into Music .. and pick a genre (example: Pop). The "next track" button works as you would want it to-- it cycles through ONLY that list of stations. And when it gets to the end, it starts back at the first Pop station. This is precisely how I -wish- it worked when listening to the Favorites, but as we discussed, does not.

What is even more interesting (and this overlaps with my other thread) is that it seems to remember the last genre/list you were on. Such that when you exit the car and come back hours later, the "next track" (Diamond) continues to work flawlessly in the same scope/focus as it was on the prior drive. Which is again great news for those who want to stay in a certain list/genre, but still doesn't help those of us who want "favorites" to be our "list" -- oh well.

(the fact it has this provision further solidifies the fact that a few lines of programming code could probably easily resolve this matter)

For me, my musical tastes span Pop, Rock, etc -- multiple genres/lists. But we're a bit sandboxed here. I also personally note the quality of the stream from SXM is not as good as the Apple Music bitrate. Next up, I'm going to play around with Apple CarPlay, and see how that performs to my satisfaction. Thus far, I just haven't yet found my "musical rhythm" ... LOL

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
It took my Wife about 5 minutes in the Pass seat (using the pass console) to ask "Why doesn't the song list show whats playing?" (When selecting an album via Files/Folders.)

I told her she needed to switch to "Play" view to see that.

She asked "Why? There is already a list of songs here?".

I said "Because Porsche."

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
HOWEVER ...

QUESTIONS:

Thanks in advance!
I‘ve had the same experience and it’s driving me nuts as every (non Porsche) car I’ve previously owned provides this capability. How can the designer think that cycling through every frequency on the radio is a useful capability ? Perhaps if all those interested submit an enhancement request to Porsche they can add it ? It’s only software ...

afel

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche wants to provide a safe environment to operate the car but yet when it comes to cycling through Favorites they make you take your hand OFF the steering wheel to DISTRACT your attention from the road to the PCM. VERY ODD!
Sponsored